AR15 Barrels

Been looking at Rosco and ballistic Advantage barrels for a AR build original was going 556 now considering a 223 Wylde any one that has used or have one of these barrels any input would be appreciated. Thanks

5 Likes

I was in the market for a new barrel recently. I asked a couple people here about BA barrels. One said they are good, the other didn’t know about them. I know a few people on the range I’m on in Texas that love them. I’ve never used either, but I don’t know anyone using a Rosco.

2 Likes

What length are you looking at?

2 Likes

Thanks I had a BA originally but it got missed placed now have to buy another barrel. I’m going 16in

2 Likes

Thinking 223 from my understanding the MOA is tighter than a 556

2 Likes

Here’s some opinions…the first link made me cackle, but the humor there isn’t for everyone.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.reddit.com/r/ar15/comments/pop0ng/are_ballistic_advantage_barrels_any_good/&ved=2ahUKEwiFzKWg4977AhX5mGoFHV2eDj0QFnoECC0QAQ&usg=AOvVaw1WFb02iI92XMd8d13QcM6Q

2 Likes

It is my understanding that the throat portion of the barrel in relation to the 223 provides more accuracy than that of the 5.56. The 223 Wylde is a mix of the two because 223 throat can’t do the pressure of the 5.56.

4 Likes

Welcome back to the Community @Ted.

5 Likes

That’s an excellent summary.

I’ve heard BA is for Bad A$$!

You might look at Criterion barrels as well.

3 Likes

I bought a WC 20" last week. It’s a heavyweight and I don’t know anyone that has one… but I have bought a good bit of WC parts, and never been disappointed once. I figured I’d give it a shot, so to speak. Definitely would not recommend a 52oz barrel for something you’re hiking with or anything like that, but for my specific application, it’ll do :blush:

3 Likes

I’ve had a criterion core on a previous build and I liked it👍

3 Likes

Did you decide yet? We like gun parts!!

2 Likes

Put my rifle back together yesterday. Headspace is TIGHT with my WMD NIB-X BCG. The lugs lock with the WMD bolt, so it would be fine. This afternoon I’m going to swap the bolt to a nitrided bolt and see if it loosens up a hair. I get that “match” tolerance is tight, but Jesus :rofl:

3 Likes

BA barrels are under Aero Precision these days. Good rep., I have a 14.5" Aero build and no complaints. 16" Aero upper coming tomorrow, mid length, verifying the BA barrel has me happy with my deal ($350 complete upper minus bcg and charging handle, AimSurplus,$50 less than Aeros current sale). I’d say not as high a quality as my DD upper with hammer forged barrel, but also not $1100 as a complete upper (though I got a deal on my DD as well lol)

3 Likes

Optics planet has a few at a pretty decent price. After a good bit of reading, there aren’t many people with something bad to say about them. Apparently the Hanson profile is the popular profile.

2 Likes