AR Upgrades

So I just dropped some cash on some upgrades for my AR. The stock handguard is abysmal for any sort of accessories. Anybody have any experience with this one? I’m pretty much on a limited budget for a good while so those $200-$400 handguards are out of my reach.

No experience, but that’s pretty slick looking.

1 Like

Checkout mlok vs keymod cut handguards and check to see if the accessories if any will mount with either one. I went with mlok on all three of mine.

3 Likes

I went keymod because i already have keymod accessories. I have some keymod to picatinny rail adapters too.

3 Likes

I have a standard M&P 15 sport rifle. What would be y’all recommended first upgrade? I’m thinking of replacing the hand guard with a Magpul one (I’ve seen videos where M&P 15 handgaurd starts to melt after 60 straight shots. Still functional, but I’m wondering if this would be a big improvement).

I want a light. I’ve seen some videos where they install using the holes on the bottom of the hand guard, but I’m not sure if I just want to upgrade the hand guard before I put all that money into a light.

I’ve also been told the stock would be a good first upgrade as well, but I’m not dissatisfied with the stock butt stock.

Never been a fan of Aim Sports stuff but it’s hard to screw up a free float tube.

Kinda partial to these folks but it’s no name too

https://outdoorsportsusa.com/AR-15-Parts/AR-15-Handguards

Cheers,

Craig6