Any Buffalo hunters?

I’d like to give it a go, but not in CA.
I checked out on the thinning program for the Grand Canyon Nat’l Park herd, but according to the wesite, the logistics neccesary are beyond my means(quad runner with a trailer that can accomodate a generator and freezer :flushed: )
Anybody have suggestions on where to find out where the happy Bison hunting grounds are?

3 Likes

Your local zoo?

The Jicarilla Apache Nation in Chama, New Mexico has some interesting looking Bison hunting opportunities. Chama is also a terminus for the Cumbres & Toltec railroad and I’m a steam fan, so there’s value added.

3 Likes

I googled it and found everything from ND to TX and every where in between.
Better get a big, big freezer. :us:

1 Like

What did they ever do to you? :slight_smile:

Forgetaboutit.

@John292 Chama, NM is one good choice, google: Elk, Bison and Mule Deer Hunts | Lodge at Chama. Not sure where you’re willing to book a Bison Hunt, but most will be guided hunts. There’s several areas like South Dakota (Custer State Park), Arizona, Wyoming, Montana, Colorado, Texas, either public lands, Indian Reservations, private ranches. Bring big $$$$$!

1 Like

With the cost of beef rising, Bison is getting more attractive, plus hunting is more fun than wearing a mask at the supermarket.

Hunting with the Apache Nation in Chama should be a priceless experience

Now all I need to do is save up my Buffalo Nickels :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes