Ammo prices, ammo availability and range time

288 products in stock for handgun ammunition at MidwayUSA right now.

2 Likes

I’m partial to Target Sports USA and SGAmmo. And Midway. And Velocity Ammo Sales

1 Like

Yes. California.

1 Like

California.
Same here. In anticipation of the new law requiring ammo purchases to go through FFL dealers, I made several online purchases through midwayusa.
Since the new law went into effect, first time I attempted to buy ammo was three weeks ago. I was denied and felt like an ignorant novice at the LGS. My driver license with federal restrictions wasn’t enough. I returned a week later with my passport.

Can’t afford to live fire; have to live with all the training I took back in the day. I practice with an empty weapon drawing and presenting two or three times a week at home in my basement where nobody can look through a window and report me :roll_eyes:
Between ammo prices and range fees, it’s impossible to enjoy live fire anymore. I’m sorry but I find greed is the answer more than any of the other reported problems (shipping, fuel costs, scarcity of materials)… When I look for answers, my take is ALWAYS follow the money… someone is getting rich somehow and it sure isn’t me!

Because all my pistols are Colt 1911 types, I have a Colt Ace with a laser grip and night sights as well as an airsoft 1911 with no laser grips nor night sights. Fits my holsters / carry styles and mag pouches.
Chris

not much of anything available up here in loaded ammo
home rolled is going ok except for primers

Mike

1 Like

3 Likes

I’d like to know how they honestly put less than $0.10 per round for years like 2013. Kind of seems like you’d have to count a “price” for unavailable/out of stock items to make that happen

For those who didn’t click

“The chart shows the prices, in the value of unskilled labor, of a .22 Long Rifle cartridge, in 2022 dollars, from 1911 to 2022.”

“The nominal cost in 1911 was 3/4 of a cent per round. To give perspective, [butter was 20 cents a pound; fresh eggs were 20 cents a dozen. A day of unskilled labor was paid about $1.”

2 Likes