40+ Squirrel Recipes for Small Game Hunters

4 Likes

8 Likes

Yummmm. Squirrel and gravy over taters or rice. I hope it doesn’t get so bad I have to shoot the game in my yard. :chipmunk:

3 Likes

I’m fattening up the ones in my yard, just in case.

7 Likes

Yup us to, corn and sunflower seeds. We have 10 in at a time, also rabbits, coons, opossum and deer. Pellet gun and crossbow. :yum:

2 Likes

I was walking my Husky and Rotty last night after dark. Less people. I forgot my poo bags and my wife drove me over some. While I am waiting, this possum comes trundling out of the trees across the street about 5-10 feet away. I kind of click at it so it will hear me here and it stops and starts looking around, so I click at it again and it finally runs into the trees.

Never seen a possum come out that close to me and my dogs before. Was starting to wonder if it was rabid. Then about 10 feet further along my Husky does this weird bounding hop, and a Copperhead tried to strike her. Pinned it with cane and chopped head off. Houses yard it was in has 2 small children.

I’ve never seen a snake this early in the year.

Maybe everyone staying inside is making wild animals less timid.

6 Likes

This is my new favorite slogan. “Squirrels, chicken of the trees.”

4 Likes

Fried up, tastes like chicken.

2 Likes

There small, how much meat could you possibly get out of a Squirrel? Ok let’s ask this. How many Squirrels does it take to feed your family? I have to kids and a wife.

2 Likes

A big Gray squirrel will weigh 1 1/2-2 pounds and a Fox squirrel about 2-2 1/2 pounds so about 6 for you, Red squirrels are much smaller, Chipmunks are even smaller. LOL :chipmunk:

3 Likes

Don’t forget the salt and pepper.

4 Likes

It takes fewer squirrels than quail :joy:. Back when my grandpa was around Wednesday was squirrel day.

3 Likes

It has been a long time since I have seen dinner like Squirrel. I only know that it is greasy and takes a few to get a good meal.

Thank you

3 Likes

One day when I was little, my grandpa asked if I wanted to go hunt some rabbits. I was ecstatic! Got my dad to help me get all my stuff ready and my chores done… That afternoon went to grandpa’s house, loaded all my stuff in the bed of the truck, and jumped in. Grin from ear to ear, but that quickly changed… the “hunt” consisted of driving down a dirt road swerving for rabbits…I was mortified :sob: He’d hit one and throw it in the back, then on to the next… It took a while to recover from that lol

2 Likes

OMG That must have been traumatic. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Quail are like Woodcock up North, I never saw the point of shooting those little birds. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

They are delicious, but it does take several to make a meal. If it flies, it dies. If it hops, it drops :rofl:

2 Likes

The last 2 days of deer season the saying was "If it’s Brown it’s down. Just to fill the freezer,can’t eat horns. :rofl:

2 Likes

Haha sounds like me… “:poop: I need something to show up!” God forbid a taco truck pop out of the trees… How do you get a taxidermist to mount cab lights and hubcaps :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I would like Quail, I never liked the dark meat birds, Woodcock, Spruce Grouse, Duck and Geese. What I want to Try is Sand Hill Crane, WI. is trying to open a season this year or next. :+1:
I think you would have to talk to the American Pickers, they know who would mount that for you. :thinking:

2 Likes