1st class city problems

Hey me again so philly is a 1st class city we have weird gun laws mainly about edc/ccw ive finally saved up after years of hard work to get one of my dream guns a kriss vector genII i want to get a folding stock and it looks like the law says as long as my barrel length is a 16" min and my OAL is 32 with stock open its not a restricted/nfa fire arm im looking to be corrected if im wrong i really dont wanna spend all this hard work on something i cant use leagally lol also i wanted to say thank you!
I asked a question i was having a hard time getting an answer to & understanding a few weeks ago and not only was it lightning fast in response but i got open arms and lots of welcomes.
Sorry for the wall of text!

6 Likes

Just glad that i have lived in Texas born and raised here except for time is the army,EVEN SERVED AT ft HOOD TEXAS UNTIL 64 ,then went to Nam

3 Likes

Speaking strictly to rifles/pistols, According to the feds, a pistol becomes a rifle when it has a stock or vertical grip. Also, to be a non NFA rifle, the barrel has to be a minimum of 16". Anything less than 16" is an SBR. The exception to that is a less than 16" barrel with a permanently attached muzzle device, which when combined makes 16" ( i.e. a 14.5" barrel with a pinned and welded 1.5" flash hider/brake) suppressors do the same if welded, but you have to have a stamp for the suppressor.

6 Likes

You can do a folding brace instead of a folding stock if barrel length is less than 16, oal is less than 32, and you have no vertical grip.

2 Likes

Your local gun shop, or whatever firearm dealer you are buying from, will not sell you an NFA item without you going through the NFA process to obtain said item. As far as the local laws, said same local FFL will know the firearm laws. If you do not feel as though the answers are right, call your state AG or local DA.

I called the state AG of another state several years ago to get answers to my firearm-related questions that I was not getting from their state police website. I actually got him on the telephone and had a quite pleasant conversation with him, even though his answers were not what I wanted.

6 Likes

Kinda scary how easy it is to become a felon when you start modifying firearms. Always best to ask a question than assume. There are plenty of people that know the answer. Whether it’s people here, or as @Dave17 suggested, ask the law themselves, there’s always a way to find the answer.

3 Likes