Why? Oh me, I love it!

We as a nation need more of this! This is good news to hear with everything going on.

34 Likes

I’ve got the same in High School, back in 1980’s in Poland. :+1:
The difference was… we were taught how to fight against USA and Western Europe…:crazy_face:

1 Like

Jak ci się to udało?

2 Likes

Dzięki szkole nauczyłem się strzelać z karabinka sportowego. :laughing:

2 Likes

I still remember shooting in the gym at their age in a NRA sponsored course in the late 1960s using pump-action Bengiman’s. :smiley:

2 Likes

Qu’est-ce que c’est
Fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-far better
Run run run run run run run away oh oh
Psycho Killer—Talking Heads (1977)

What do you guys do go to Polish Gunner sites…Twisted
(I Like that!)

And YES Todd, We need MORE of this!

3 Likes

Sounds like ecstasy.

My first introduction to firearms was at the “BB Gun Club”, held weekly in the gym of my grade school. Still have (somewhere) my Marksman, Sharpshooter, and Expert medals, all these decades later.

3 Likes

I think shooting is great for kids. My parents got me a Crossman pellet/BB gun when I was probably about 9 or 10. At Boy Scout camp when I was around 13 or so I started .22 shooting, and got my rifle merit badge. After that my grandfather taught me how to shoot a 12 guage and I loved skeet shooting. I’ve enjoyed every type of shooting I’ve done ever since. It’s a fantastic hobby. It also made me a better nature photographer. Rifle shooting taught me the breath control and skill to hold a long lens steady for a sharp handheld shot in low light.

5 Likes

I started shooting in 1963, at the age of 9. It was competition, with a scoped .22 rifle. Sponsored by the YAC and the NRA. For 3yrs.

2 Likes

Ja teĹĽ, ale w Schenectady, Nowy Jork.

2 Likes

I took my NRA approved gun safety class at 14. This is a requirement to apply for a Nevada hunting license. I learned to shoot in the desert of Southern Nevada. My dad taught me how to shoot. We were not given the opportunity to shoot at a school gym.

5 Likes

This requirement?

1 Like

That’s the one. Only back in the early 70’s there was nothing as online. We actually had to attend a class with a qualified instructor. Isn’t technology great.

2 Likes

Good stuff. I’ve spent a lot of time in Wyoming and always loved the place.

Society is so messed up now. They think teaching kids about sex and changing their gender when they are 8 years old is fine, but teaching them the joys of good marksmanship is evil.

3 Likes

That would be really cool, except if these were kids in California, they would all be children of LGBTQ parents, and they would be training to shoot Republicans.

2 Likes