Wheel gun for concealed cary?

Young knees and backs are such a blessing.

Few people know that the traditional Easter Egg hunt goes back centuries to where few people kept their chickens in a coop and the hens just hid their eggs out in the grass.:blush:

Actually Easter egg hunts go back to a Pennsylvania Dutch tradition of an egg-laying bunny called Oschter Haws or Osterhase, probably originating in Germany prior to the 1700s.
And while my ducks lay eggs wherever they happen to be, prior to nesting, including the grass, chickens actually prefer somewhere sheltered and secludedā€¦ they look for hideyholes.
But finding the chicken eggs is another good reason to have great grandchildren.

1 Like

@Skullcrusher, this is the sort of nut roller we use for picking up brass
Garden Weasel Medium Nut Gatherer - Picks Up Pecans, Lg Acorns, Hickory Nuts, Crab Apples, Nerf Darts, & Other Objects 3/4" To 1 1/2" in Size, Red/Silver

Different sizes for shotgun shells and 45-9mm

Free range chickens will hide eggs in the grass even today. Hundreds of years ago they were far less domesticated.

My GGPā€™s had a large farm when I was a kid and they only cooped their hens at night letting them roam all day. Weā€™d spent a couple of hours each day hunting eggs.

Less domesticated breeds are certainly better at finding good hiding spots. My dad kept a few hens of Mexican bred fighting chicken ancestry around for years. At night they roosted in the back yard trees, roaming during the day. We had to be pretty sneaky to find their nests and if you raided the nest too frequently theyā€™d pack up and move.

Those that are more domesticated will drop them literally anywhere.

We use something similar for Pecans. On a good year 30 trees can produce a whole lotta nuts.

Well @wildrose Iā€™ll certainly propose your idea to my 45 chickens, but in the 30 years Iā€™ve been keeping them they have yet to demonstrate much interest in hiding eggs in the grass.

2 Likes

What breeds are you keeping?

Do you let them roam free?

In a lot of my part of the world thereā€™s little to hide them in other than grass if they are free ranging. Same where the GGPā€™s lived in OK.

Where we are now, free range, langshan, Brahmas. Light and Coronation Sussex, a few aruacunas, and a couple Leghorns that wandered over from my neighbors. Used to keep leghorns, polish, sebrights, jungle fowl, orpingtons, cochins, Jersey giants, Plymouth rock, americanas, seramas, dark cornish and a couple frizzles.

Thanks for that, Zee. I will check it out! :+1:

1 Like

Carry a Smith 642 quite a bit. Carry a Kahr PM9 more often. I like revolvers. Carried one as a duty gun for 13 years working patrol in South L.A. I didnā€™t feel under gunned.

2 Likes

Welcome @bulldog! South LA ā€¦ Yikes! Thatā€™s not easy duty. Glad youā€™re here

I have the Kimber K6. 6 rounds, hammer less, great for carry. I do occasionally switch out my EDC and itā€™s in my rotation.

1 Like

Welcome to the Community, @bulldog. When you carried a duty revolver, how many extra rounds did you carry? Did you have/use a speed loader?

1 Like

Carried the six rounds in the revolver and two six round speed loaders. Issue was the Smith and Wesson Model 15 Combat Masterpiece. The Serial number was 1K10. The price for not remembering that serial number was a lot of pain for me and my academy classmates. Nothing like knuckle pushups on a hot concrete surface. (We were the last all male class.)

3 Likes

Qualified for HR 218 yesterday. Revolver and semi auto. Used a Ruger LCR for the revolver portion. Didnā€™t have .38 practice ammo so used Gold Dot hollow points .38 +P. Very comfortable to shoot and accurate.

Smith model 642 a good concealed hammer .38ā€¦the Ruger LCR is a good one too. The LCR has a very smooth trigger.The Hogue Tamer Grip that comes on the LCR really reduces felt recoil. Both will fire .38+P.

G43x with Trijicon HD Night Sights, Shield S15 mags and metal mag release, TR6 light/laser.