Training for Senior Citizens

pretty much that statement right there ^^^ :smiley:
But maybe it goes like “Hubby would like one, just because” :laughing:

1 Like

@Jeremy19 I love your passion for this, it’s crystal clear.

Welcome to this community, I think you’ll find it a good place to do your work.

A couple of thoughts - I personally would love it, and I imagine other folks here would as well - if you posted threads targeted at specific issues, challenges, or training ideas that you’ve found useful for the folks you’ve worked with. Threads for brainstorming how to solve a situation (either training or self defense) are welcomed.

@Dawn can weigh in on what the USCCA has thought about for this sort of training as well. They do a GREAT job with the training materials, but that also means they’re projects that take time.

I’d love to hear more about what you’d find useful in range facilities for folks with different needs - that’s probably worth a thread all its own.

One of the indoor ranges I train at has very tight controls about what you can do where, so it is probably not a good candidate for training. The other is an outdoor range, grass and whatnot, so it has some challenges, but we have more freedom about what can be done there. Anyway, I hope you’ll start a thread to discuss what you’ve observed and what you’d like to see.

The easiest way to train would be dry fire training, @Jeremy19. Can you set up an area for your father to train at home?

As far as live fire training - outdoor ranges may have a bit more leeway as far as what you can and can’t do, but they also probably have some challenges as well.

Let me talk with some people in the office about the challenge and see what we come up with!

2 Likes