The AR-15 and AK-47

Don’t know maybe guns & gadgets, liberty doll, how about sky news Australia. They seem to be on the ball

My wife and I were unanimous on Fox News - good bye forever.
Will watch Newsmax.

3 Likes

Newsmax or OANN

1 Like

Strangely, on Newsmax yesterday there was a familiar face from a bygone era. Megyn Kelly was speaking words sympathetic to Trump. Wasn’t she one of the snakes that tried to bite him in 2016? Lost her Fox News job, lost NBC job, I guess she is maneuvering for a potential gig at a potential future Trump’s news org.

Trump would be smart to start a news channel. People are going to be hungry for truth under Facebook/Twitter administration. Sorry about off topic.

3 Likes

I am still not sure of her… but think she was set up by the powers at Fox… remember Roger Ailes was on his way out.

I have seen Trish on One America News… and Fox Business did her wrong also… she never said the Covid virus are fake she said it was being used politically by the left… and wham, she was gone.

I do think Trump might consider a news channel… but we should at this time support OANN and Newsmax.

1 Like

A must see video

I’ll bet you the day after the revolution had been won they wouldn’t have allowed buring the flag and described it as freedom of speech either…

4 Likes

Indeed.

I am torn on that one though. I do not like the idea of the government restricting speech, so if that is declared no freedom of speech or freedom of expression, what other could be curtailed and declared not freedom of speech or expression.

I hate the burning of the flag, and consider it a sign of treason or at least hatred for the nation (so we know some of our enemies), but I prefer to limit the burning by proper teaching of civics and respect for the flag instead of government intervention.

If that makes sense.

2 Likes

Without rules there is no civil society.

Rule 1: dont crap in your food bowl.

1 Like

Indeed.

Even animals know that. Too bad far too many people do not.

The burning of the flag is a hot topic but it’s one that I think gun owners should put serious thought into.

I think flag burning is disrespectful and meant to only do one thing. Thats to antagonize people and ruffle feathers. However it would be hypocritical of me to want to ban or control that level of speech/expression but not want anyone to control guns.

This topic forces people to accept that we have to respect others rights as much as we want ours respected. We don’t have to agree in fact it healthy to disagree.

2 Likes

Yes.
I hate the idea of burning the flag. There is a proper ceremony for old flags, and that is the ONLY time the flag should burn.

However, I do not want government control. If I say ban flag burning, as a form of speech or expression, what would the next prohibition be?

We should and can prevent much flag burning by proper education, teaching of civics, respect for the flag, and the proper and real history of the nation and flag.

1 Like

I agree some education can go a very long way.

I also hate the idea of flag burning. Personally it only symbolizes one thing to me and I’ve yet to have someone explain to me what it symbolizes for them other than hatred and discontent for the country.

2 Likes

Ok, how about this then, flag waving is not to be made illegal.
Instead, it is consummate to revoking ones citizenship. Your message and intent is quite clear when you burn the flag. Stupid games win stupid prizes.

See, when people have common sense, the letter of law is not necessary. I cannot imagine the likes of Lebron or Rapinoe or Ariana Grande flag–stomping in the 70s, or the 80s and remaining on top of popularity charts. Maybe the public has become more tolerant since, maybe it is a form of indifference. You can’t tolerate the intolerant though, its insane.
There no place for NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL in my house anymore, even if the athletes start wrapping themselves in Old Glory every day and say how proud they are of their country now.

1 Like

Back when I first started elementary school we would say the pledge of allegiance every morning before class. I can’t remember when, but we stopped by middle school. The argument back then was because of the “one nation, under god…” line.

Between this and not teaching history or civics nowadays, is it any wonder that people these days don’t know what the flag stands for.

3 Likes

You - as ex-military - know the AR platform is the civilian version of the M-16. Being ex-military you also know that the M-16 uses a selector switch to move between single shot semi-auto mode to full auto mode where the AR platform uses a Safety Switch - you either fire single shot semi-auto or the weapon is in safe mode.
The AR platform looks cool - is lots of fun to fire - but - it is not a combat suitable weapon.

2 Likes

This post is why we need a double thumbs up button.

1 Like