The Aftermath: No Match For Mama

It’s even deadly or not deadly.
I cannot imagine how we can determine in split second the level of deadliness. :thinking:

2 Likes

If your going to refer to a section then do a sentence in context. Your comment didn’t address anything in the context of the original comment.

2 Likes

OK, then:

So assuming you have a firearm and pepper spray on you, I’m still wondering what is a criteria to define deadliness level in situation we have been discussing.

And please remember, we are here to discuss and share options so we can be prepared the best way if needed. I’m not going to argue, I’m just trying to understand and learn from other’s experience.

1 Like

@Jerzees @Erik31 >>> Say Cheese Mr. Erik.

1 Like

I believe I do; apparently it is you… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Exactly , I just wonder how she was there as her daughter was babysitting her Nephew . However the sitters father was there & then the mothers appears from where? All questionable to this incident . A lot of things left out out & many things don’t fit . Going back to father he came into this scene from where & then the mother came in & seemly obtained that gun so quickly and did a head shot . Seriously this situation stinks . NOT enough facts stated !!! But even if she had been trying to intervene and then was to use some other means a gun suddenly is the handiest thing ? how about some other blunt object to thwart his actions . Again , over force & TOO much undisclosed information in this scenario . Family arguments turned deadly are all too common today with someone dead as a result .
I don’t know how the law enforcement handled this but much isn’t here to justify that killing based on this story .

A TASER is a good first line of defense if the attacker is unarmed, the same applies to chemical deterrents, but if the attacker is armed using either is a poor choice.

1 Like

I agree.
But I’m wondering how many people are carrying taser together with a firearm :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

It can be a difficult thing to do for some, I carry a TASER Pulse +, while it is way smaller than a X1 it is still bulky and to complicate things it’s safety is a reverse of a standard safety, it needs to be flipped up to go hot, whereas most guns the safety is pressed down to go hot.

A secondary problem is to carry one it will be a crossdraw, for example if one is right handed their EDC will be somewhere on their right side, that normally doesn’t leave room for a TASER over there, so it gets carried on the left side reversed for a crossdraw, that introduces a weapon retention problem.

Being reversed carried it is easier for someone else to take it away from the carrier, which immediately puts the carrier into a must shoot position.

Checkout “Fashionable Canes.” They carry several options that provide what is basically a stock prod in a cane or walking stick.

1 Like

Even though there was an assault. Was he armed another law inforcement officer or the state statute might have looked at it differently. A shot to the head in a homicide case means it’s a personal case. Was it self defense?: Or was there another motive? In domestic violence cases there could have been a history of violence.

1 Like

1 Like

@Jerzees

wounding is not always practical when a person is in the midst of an adrenaline rush while being attacked. Her action is completely justified in my opinion!