sounds good to me

9 Likes

Only 1oz? Shouldn’t dosage be to continue with an ounce per 1/2 hour until you forget you had a cough? :crazy_face:

7 Likes

That’s ole school. That’s what my grandparents used to give us as children, for colds and flu. Anybody remembers Robitussin? Oh, I forgot about Black Draught, I’m still not sure what was in that. And Father John. Vick’s and sugar. Strange times, lol. Now we don’t what’s in the needle.

5 Likes

We were raised on

Paregoric

1. a medicine consisting of opium flavored with camphor, aniseed, and benzoic acid, formerly used to treat diarrhea and coughing in children.
6 Likes

or till you don’t care about it! :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

3 Likes

We were given mentholated in steaming water in a dish pan with towel over our heads and pan breathing the fumes,it works

8 Likes

Vicks on the chest with a diaper safety pined around our neck…

6 Likes

I use a variation of that recipe. I also use for cold or flu.

Hot Toddy
1.25 oz.- whiskey (Jack or Bean)
1.25 oz.-Lemon Juice
Honey - flavor to your taste
4 oz. - hot water.

Repeat as needed.

Also @Layton recipe.

5 Likes

How’s about hot water, add 1 teaspoon of apple Sider vinegar mother, 2 halls lemon mentholated cough drops and honey. Three times a day for flu.

5 Likes

Chloroform

3 Likes

My room mate in the Army, from Puerto Rico, would take 5 shots of 151 proof Rum, put on sweats add blankets to his bed and sweat it out. Seemed to work for him.

3 Likes

damn my grandpa used to drink camphor they mixed ours with sugar and it still tasted like ass

4 Likes

I had a guy in my army unit from Puerto Rico he did the same thing

3 Likes

151 DonQ Puerto Rican Rum! Get a blue flame from that! Ahhh, just burn it out, why don’t cha… If not the esophagus, lol. Wooo…it’s get’n hot in he’re. Why not just get some 666, gag, and wait for the results.

3 Likes

Awh, not that bad, it could have been 151 Rum to chase down the camphor. lol. We’ve come a long way…I guess…

4 Likes

■■■■ 151 with camphor oil you might blow up try outside first…lol

4 Likes

Two hat cure never worked but you didn’t care.

3 Likes

My mom actually did that to me lol. Worked !

4 Likes

7 Likes