SCOTUS Decision: NYS Rifle & Pistol Association V. Bruen

“The fundamental, natural-born right to defend yourself and your family against harm does not end outside your home, and the highest Court in our nation has affirmed this.”

Read the full USCCA statement on the ruling, here.

19 Likes

Oral Arguments and Decision/Dissent can be found here:

Oral Arguments (PDF)
20-843 (supremecourt.gov)

Decision/Dissent (PDF)
20-843 New York State Rifle & Pistol Assn., Inc. v. Bruen (06/23/2022) (supremecourt.gov)

Edit 1: Added Oral Arguments link

6 Likes

Today by 6 to 3 the Supreme Court voted to strike down New York’s rule that you needed to show exceptional need to Carry a Concealed weapon. This upholds the Constitutional Right to carry a gun without proving to a government body that you have a need to carry it.

17 Likes

Who are the 3 that do not believe in the constitution???

7 Likes
6 Likes

This is good news but I’m waiting on the details to see how broad or narrow this ruling is. And I’m unfortunately not holding my breath that this will lead to national reciprocity as it most certainly should.

The hoplophobes are throwing epileptic fits on mainstream media at the moment. Pulling out all their made up fear mongering and “facts” and throwing them at the fan in hopes something will stick.

8 Likes

Idiot Breyer said there were 277 mass shootings in 2022. The Retard either knows that it is a blatant falsehood or he is an ignorant fool.

7 Likes

The anti self defense people define mass shootings as any event where more than 3 or 4 people are injured. So the vast majority of these “mass shootings” are gang on gang violence. But they love to talk about these incredibly rare events perpetrated by deranged losers and then bring out that stat to try and mislead people into thinking these once in a blue moon events are common.

Not once will they mention the tens of thousands (more likely hundreds of thousands) who use a firearm to legally defend themselves and their families from violent attacks every year.

10 Likes

I understand your dissatisfaction and displeasure… but we should keep a good language standard at this Community. Let’s give others an example that 2A supporters can discuss everything on proper level.

Good news is that 6 is more than 3. :ok_hand:

8 Likes

I just hope that next year the anti self defense crowd isn’t saying that 7 is more than 6:(

7 Likes

I live in a none free state. I hope one day i can live in a state where i can purchase a handgun of my choice and not from Massachusetts complaint approved firearm list. Last thing 10 round limit really?

4 Likes

One of the anti self defense talking heads was saying how horrifying it will be to have armed citizens walking around the crowds in Times Square. I believe it is far more horrifying to think about all the armed criminals already walking through Times Square every day amongst all those defenseless people.

And it’s not like there aren’t people legally carrying in Times Square already. Rich people seem to have no problem declaring they have good cause to defend themselves and get a permit. I believe Trump has a permit even though he has no “good cause” to carry since he had armed security following him everywhere even before he was president.

It is just us little people who shouldn’t be allowed to defend ourselves.

8 Likes

nicolas-cage-breezy

7 Likes

Justice Clarence Thomas…

“In District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U. S. 570 (2008), and McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U. S. 742 (2010), we recognized that the Second and Fourteenth Amendments protect the right of an ordinary, law-abiding citizen to possess a handgun in the home for self-defense. In this case, petitioners and respondents agree that ordinary, law-abiding citizens have a similar right to carry handguns publicly for heir self-defense. We too agree, and now hold, consistent with Heller and McDonald, that the Second and Fourteenth Amendments protect an individual’s right to carry a handgun for self-defense outside the home. … Because the State of New York issues public-carry licenses only when an applicant demonstrates a special need for self-defense, we conclude that the State’s licensing regime violates the Constitution.”

10 Likes

New York Mayor Adams is not pleased.

5 Likes

Reading some of the dissenting statements on this ruling by many of those on the left then if this was 1776 we would need to get the king’s permission to declare our independence.

8 Likes

That is far too kind a selection of words. This is more like it

5 Likes

Would be interested in hearing from the lawyers what happens when politicians ignore Supreme Court rulings. Impeachment or recall would be one legal ramification but that would have no effect in such an overwhelmingly anti self defense State as NY.

Who defends the rights of the minority when the majority ignores the rule of law, our legal system and the Constitution? Seems like a growing segment in this country want to replace our representative republic with despotic mob rule. I think what we will all get stuck with instead is anarchy.

Can we launch civil lawsuits against these political criminals who are violating their constitutional oaths?

8 Likes

Exactly. Imagine if today the SCOTUS had ruled AGAINST the right to carry outside of your home. And then as an example, if Ron DeSantis of Florida had said “Nothing changes today.” He’d be crucified by the media. And the screams from the left would be just as deafening as they are today. The only “law” the left recognizes is their own mob rule.

9 Likes
3 Likes