Mounting a Sightmark Red Dot | Into the Fray | USCCA

I have a red dot actually green, on my SD shotgun, and love it, however the cost and profile for a SD handgun, I just can’t see it. as for older eyes, I have them, so I have opted for the Truijicon on my every day carry, and absolutely love them.

Gary… I can explain what you didn’t see… You press out you rear site, which is seated in a dovetail slot… You then press a plate into the dovetail slot that has holes in it, to accept the mounting plate screws… You’re replacing your iron site… The disadvantage to this set up, is you lose your rear iron site… Some red dots have a rear site made into the body of the site… The problem is, matching it up to the needed height with the front iron site… These plates have been around for a few years… I tried one on a Glock 23 using a fastfire III red dot… I did not care for it, because the site sets too high on the slide… If you’re going to go red dot, do it right, and get a milled slide… My EDC is the Sig P320RX with the Romeo1 on it… I’ve been very happy with it’s performance…

2 Likes

Thank You

Gary

1 Like

Thanks for the great explanation, @Barry18! Glad to have you here!

1 Like

Update #1
My Sweetie got me an SA Hellcat for Xmas. There are currently 3 RDS’s that fit and co-witness. I have one on order and will let you know what I think.

RDS on carry pieces was big at SHOT this year. I expect we’ll be seeing a lot more soon.