b17d371fb1539abb2a60be5351c76744

12 Likes

d0cb96571aeb02517faca16fd11834f9

14 Likes

10 Likes

12 Likes

images (1)

10 Likes

This picture was taken after he said : watch this!

4 Likes

1eoz78
7ay3m1

11 Likes

9 Likes

@Virgil_H where did fly from(what base) and were you in the gulf war 1991

4 Likes

Hello @leo23. I spent most of my career in the Virginia Army Guard but had quite a bit of active duty time and 10 years as a full time Military Technician. I flew the UH-60 A/L Blackhawk.

I caught the tail end of Desert Storm in the 2nd Armored Division, 2nd Aviation Brigade. I served in Saudi and Doha in Kuwait. I was also in Iraq twice in 2006 and 2011 and did a year on the southwest border in 2008.

I know you were there, where were you at in Desert Storm?

5 Likes

@Virgil_H I was up along the border TAA Diamond. Then I was part of III corps the big right hook up to the highway of death, then back into Kuwait.

after DS I came back to Ft. sill Okla. until 1994 then ETS’D served 6 years.
lived in S. Carolina until 2004 when a drunk driver ran me off the rd. which left me as a quad in a coma for 5 months. been a functional quad. since 2006. but with age my balance is starting to diminish so back to a wheelchair :man_in_motorized_wheelchair:

8 Likes

Well thank you for all you did brother. I remember the Basrah Road very well. Bad day for the enemy. After seeing what they did to the Kuwaiti people I shed no tears for them. You hang tough brother and God bless you.

6 Likes

neither do I.
just certain smells will trigger a flash back and mess with my head.

2 Likes

I mostly remember the parade we had for our local returning veterans. I was in Elementary school, and I didn’t really know what was going on. I had some pretty cool Desert Storm toys, but I didn’t realize there was a war going on

2 Likes

That’s how I am with Great War veterans. I remember them in the Armistice Day parades, but that’s about it. I remember when the last WWI vet died in my state. It was only a week after the Veterans Day parade, and I was so sorry they wouldn’t let him ride in it.

2 Likes

What breaks my heart the most, is they have to leave this world in it’s current condition, they left so much on the battlefield for some WOKE MF to screw up the best nation on the planet! Hope I can help fix this before I go!

4 Likes

I think about this everytime I see one of my older warrior brothers. How they must feel.

4 Likes

I was on the USS SAGINAW LST1188. Went 2 times above the artic circle on it. Then 2 more times on the USS THORN DD988. I did my 20, and I miss it everyday.

5 Likes

I miss the idea of it! Then again, I was in my teens, twenties, and thirties!

Dinghy

4 Likes

You are correct and I’ve met a few of them. I just thought the misunderstanding was funny.

1 Like