Memes that don’t fit elsewhere II (NO Politics) (Part 4)

9 Likes

So much for Cracker Barrel… apparently Bass Pro Shops frowns on naked cannonball dives into the aquarium:
https://youtu.be/rpMeCfxgSwQ?si=_js3e9RK

15 Likes

Correction: our parents raised us IN a world that no longer exists. If we raised our kids the way we were raised we’d probably be arrested and our kids taken away.

Our parents actually raised us for the fuc#ed up world that does exist now. I pity the kids of today.

15 Likes

Unfortunately, that’s not exactly a meme! I was advised of this fact at my latest cardio event.

5 Likes

…and tomorrow! And if the a——-e usurps another term,
EVERY GENERATION THEREAFTER :exclamation:

9 Likes

Sad, but true story. A guy I work with is in his 30’s. Not too long ago he asked me to help him install wiper blades. Like an idiot, I actually helped him—in the rain. One day, maybe he’ll be a man. But I’m a sucker to help people. I’m trying to break that habit. At least a little. And with certain people.

11 Likes

What’s happened to men (and women)?

When my brother and sister and I were in High School, I had an old Triumph that had every imaginable problem of an old English car (I rebuilt the rear end, replaced a shattered piston, put out electrical fires, lost breaks, lost reverse gear, clutch hydraulics, etc).

My brother split the cases and totally rebuilt the lower end and gearbox on his motorcycle.

My sister had an old Pontiac that she had to jam the choke shut on with a pencil to get to start cold, plus always seemed to need something that she dealt with. She could have changed that “guy’s” wiper blades with her eyes closed. She’s a veterinarian surgeon now.

12 Likes

One of my best high school memories was coming home from school, working through my homework as fast as I could and helping dad change the transmission on a car. He got it from a salvage yard. It was a model year or two different, but it worked. You had to put it in 2nd gear to be in drive, but otherwise it was ok. I certainly couldn’t change a tranny then or now, but I can do wiper blades, headlight and tail light bulbs and have done my own brakes a time or two.

In defense of some people, they never had dads that did this stuff with them and don’t have any mechanical inclination.

My dad and grandfather were mechanics in the military then in the manufacturing industry. My favorite grandpa story was when he was in the Air Force. Mechanics often flew in the cockpit on domestic flights. The horizon went out on one flight. Grandpa reached into his tool bag, pulled out a bolt, string, and tape. Tied the string to the bolt and taped the string to the ceiling of the cockpit. He told the pilot, there’s your horizon. If the bolt is on the ceiling, your airplane is upside down.

14 Likes

16 Likes

6 Likes

11 Likes

13 Likes

10 Likes

10 Likes

11 Likes

14 Likes

12 Likes

21 Likes

14 Likes