Memes that don’t fit elsewhere II (NO Politics) (Part 3)

I have my passwords in a password protected Excel file as well. Didn’t think to password protect the actual sheet. Good tip.

4 Likes

With VBA, you can xlHide the sheet, and make it so that the workbook will only open for you and the sheet will only be visible to you, making the need for a password for the file unneeded. So even if someone was able to open the workbook, that person would not know that worksheet even existed. You can then name the file something completely other than what it is and have the first sheet with stuff on it related to the file name.

I do that for my passwords at work, as we don’t have a password vault and I have about 25 different logins and passwords and most use different IDs and password schema, so those I do not use frequently I don’t remember. And they have to be updated frequently, some once every 30 days.

7 Likes

I use an encrypted USB drive (Apricorn Aegis Secure USB flash drive) loaded up with Tails OS (i.e. Tails).

4 Likes

We are not allowed to use thumb drives, and cannot plug our phones into the computer, either - for data security.

3 Likes

I had to create an Excel file for a co-worker years ago that strongly disliked a particular sports team. I designed the workbook so he would have to click a button acknowledging that he was a huge fan of that team or else the workbook would close. :rofl: He did not find that as funny as I did, so I removed it. :sunglasses:

7 Likes

I’ve never gotten into VBA. I’m missing a huge world, I’m sure. :grin:

5 Likes

For what I do, at least for the next two weeks, VBA is necessary in my work as it automates many things. It can update headings, dates, sheet names, save files, prevent saving, open to particular worksheets based on date, person using it, etc., etc., etc., limited just about only by your imagination.

3 Likes

@Dave17

10 Likes

16 Likes

18 Likes

You failed to elaborate on what I won for answering correctly. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Oh, I meant to mention, you have lovely eyes, I have always admired them, it makes your smile that much more beautiful. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

25 Likes

From the male perspective “Fall in Love” should be changed to “see her naked” :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

23 Likes

14 Likes

15 Likes

Same here, that’s why while it was meant as a compliment when I was called an excel wizard, I disagreed with it. There are tons of stuff still to learn.

3 Likes

16 Likes

12 Likes