Last night

The way I’m looking at it is that my family is safe and I didn’t have to pull the trigger. I’m considering it a win win. Thanks for the support.

5 Likes

Thanks for the support. It’s a win win in my eyes. My family is safe and I didn’t have to pull the trigger.

2 Likes

That definitely makes it more suspicious, @Kevin2! It’s definitely a win/win! Your family is safe, no one was hurt AND you’ve learned some things that may help you in the future.

One thing I would definitely take away from this is to make sure you have a plan for someone (your wife) to call 911 when the situation gets stressful. Rehearsing that plan will help for any possible future issues. Although if he was a bad guy and believes you have a gun, he may spread the word that your house is not a soft target. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

We can always hope he spreads the word! And the wife and I will definitely be talking about a plan and communicating better as far as who is going to call the police should something like this ever happen again!

3 Likes

That would have been my approach as well, but I definitely wouldn’t have opened the door for them (especially with the family in the house.

1 Like

There are some very find people still out there and I have been help much. Thank you for

being one of those chosen few.

2 Likes

Couldn’t have done a better job myself, I live in the county myself and have no trespassing signs up. So if ANYONE unannounced comes knocking at any point especially at 0 dark 30 my instincts kick in and I’m on high alert.

2 Likes

DLots of great discussion and I do agree you handled it very well. You and your wife may want to think about one of you definitely calling the police. Handle it like when they teach CPR and first aid. Turn to her and say YOU, call 911.

4 Likes

One possibility is that they could have had a cell phone with them but in a dead zone (no pun intended) without any signal.

2 Likes

Could be, but doubtful in the climate we’re living in.

1 Like

Reminds me of the situation I had on a walking trail here in town. I was walking my dog and I notice a man sitting on some railroad ties up ahead. It’s a blind area if someone is coming from opposite direction. I’m about 25 feet away and he asks me if I have any money. At this point I stop, tell him no. He then asks where nearest WiFi is. I tell him. I then turn and walk the way from which I had came. Watching over my shoulder the whole time. This trail is next to railroad and a lot of homeless are in the woods next to it. The hair literally stood up on my neck during our interaction.

3 Likes

Your dogs have a great reaction. Mine do the barking but won’t follow me if I have a weapon in my possession.

You did a great job with warning them. And not opening. I am in the same mindset as @Dawn, as I would like to help someone in need. But I do not like to do it at that O dark thirty to anyone I don’t know.

Nope to open the door, nope to my phone, nope to cash.

4 Likes

Only people that I let in my house that time of night is family, and that depends on the family member.

3 Likes