I know the right thing to do, but

Update on the right thing.

My hands are in the air. Done will respond with " sorry I can’t help you". Man in question bought a large caliber. Don’t care, was trying to help. Have one suggestion that his wife doesn’t shoot it as she won’t again. I tried.
Craig

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, was it the .45 you talked him out of?

Yeah it was. Point being why did you ask what I thought. I won’t bring it up. Will have to come to me for help. Just hope it doesn’t turn his misses off to shooting.
Craig
See disclaimer below

DISCLAIMER
I am not a caliber snob.

2 Likes

Liberal does not equal anti-2A. I’ve asked a friend of mine if I can use him as an example a of a liberal who is pro-2A and he said I was more than welcome to!

@anon25963094 is a USCCA Instructor and Training Counselor, carries, and works for the USCCA. You will not find someone who believes in the Second Amendment more than Chris does. And he’s liberal.

4 Likes

You’re right, let’s strike liberal from the conversation.

Here is my 2 pennies. The 2nd Amendment is for all Americans, it is not a liberal or a conservative thing. It exists for us all and I don’t think any one party should ever claim they’re the only ones who support it.

I would personally love to see more Democrats become pro-gun and pro-2A. Our nation is diverse and full of many conflicting issues but the 2nd Amendment should be something we all support.

3 Likes

I do to Chris.

1 Like

You are spot on Brother. I don’t drink, but I would make an exception. You and I need to have some American Whiskey sometime.

I don’t drink either, but I do keep two beers in the fridge for just such an occasion, CHEERS!

1 Like

So, let me make sure I understand your point correctly. The only Americans are those that agree with you and folks like myself aren’t Americans?

How very UnAmerican of you. I encourage you to broaden your viewpoint on what this nation stands for.

I served this nation. I fought in combat next to Americans of all ways of life. Those experiences led me to where I am today. I respect your opinion, but I will heartily reject any claim that I am not an American because I am liberal.

3 Likes

What u fought for is what makes you an American. Those values are in your heart.

Definitely not saying that Liberal = Un American

Wow did this go sideways. Was just asking, or reafirming the right thing to do.

Guess I should have left out Dems (poor choice of triggering words) in my question. Didn’t mean for this to get people this excited. Was just describing the situation. Guess allot of people are feeling the stress of the situation. God bless and be well, all.

Craig

1 Like

@anon25963094

First, thank you for your service. Your comment makes a point that I have been trying to make for a long time.
That we, as supporters of the 2nd Amendment have to stop imposing these litmus tests on fellow supporters.

It was one of the best things to come out of the Virginia January 12 GUN LOBBY DAY that the 2nd Amendment wasn’t about grumpy old white men in militias. It was women, Antifah, LGBTQ, people of every race or color were there gathered together peacefully.

I myself am quite liberal on some things, and quite conservative on others. I self identify as a Libertarian, and have voted that way the last 3 Presidential elections.

5 Likes

Laugh
Yeah, this really had the potential to go sideways and I wasn’t disappointed, as I gleaned through the responses.

Oh, how the tables have turned. I have seen so many examples since the COVID craziness began here of anti-gun people suddenly snapping up that which they fought so hard to keep out of the hands of Americans across the country, and getting angry over the laws that they no doubt voted for! Gold.
Anyway…
Personally, I would bring up the irony in their question and contrast it with their recent restrictions on guns. Then I would ask them in all honesty why suddenly would they want their spouse to own something they don’t want me to possess, while following up with where they dug up their gall to come ask me(because let’s face it: they KNOW I’m a gun guy, otherwise they wouldn’t be asking me) in the first place.

Then I would chuckle at their sudden speechlessness and reassure them that, while ■■■■■■■ with them, I would help them in their question, because while I may be a dick, we are both Americans and I will not be that big a dick.

And then after I answered all their questions and reassured them of their situation, I would politely remind them to reevaluate their ‘book’.

And then treat them accordingly if they simply use me for my knowledge and essentially tell me to pound sand on their policies.

2 Likes