Hypothetical Situation

I don’t think that’s selfish at all. I believe everyone is responsible for their own safety and security. Help when and where you can but well put. I’m not a cop, it’s not my job.

Sometimes bad things happen and no amount of preparation would’ve prevented it. However sometimes people are so in the clouds they walk right into a situation. I agree with you 100% on this one.

2 Likes

You guys hiring?

1 Like

Always! You can see the open positions here: https://deltadefense.theresumator.com/

2 Likes

Being a bouncer at a bar years ago I would tackle him from behind so he wouldn’t see me coming and lock his arms behind his back till LEO’S could arrive and take him into custody. I use to do that on a nightly basis and it worked fine and kept them face down in the pavement so they couldn’t roll over with my knee in the back of their neck. I know they always say it’s not your fight, but someone has to step in and do something when everyone this day and time just wants to see how many views they can get on YouTube.

1 Like

@Brian1 - great question :grin:
@Dawn you know you have my job description posted on there, right? QA Engineer :wink:

@Brian1 I don’t think it’s selfish to take care of your own self-defense first, or that of your family. There are circumstances where I’d risk my life for a stranger, and those where I wouldn’t. There are a lot more where I’d do it for someone I love. Any decision made under those circumstances is probably something I’m going to think about later… was that the right thing? I hope that I’ve prepared enough to give myself decisions I can live with after the fact. Its why I train, and why I run scenarios, and why I love this community :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Personally, they key things for me was the man was only going after those he figured wouldn’t fight back. I’d stand my ground and watch him go away.

For those who would confront and/or go on the offensive I have a question. As much as i hate to ask it, would his race and the people recording factor in to your thinking at all? A lot of videos showing someone getting a beat down turn out to be edited to make it look like they were a victim.

2 Likes

The nice thing about edited videos is that as soon as LEO’s get their hands on them they can prove the editing was done and that is a crime.

As for your question, I’m thinking what you mean is would a white person be less inclined to intervene because the offender is black, not because of racist mentalities but because of current realities whereby anytime there is a “black victim” and a “white interventionist” it immediately blows up into a racial conflict in the press and in the streets.

In my mind that shouldn’t be a consideration or affect your decision to intervene but I can understand where it might be for others.

Anytime you step into a third party encounter you’ve just opened yourself up to all sorts of dangers because of all of the unknowns. I won’t step in at all unless I feel I have to and only then after doing the math in my head and looking at the possible outcomes.

2 Likes