How do you make your home less of a target?

If you have to go away for a while try having your TV and radio turn on at times when you would be normally home as well as some lights to make it look as someone is home, it also helps to have a doorbell camera that you can use your mobile phone and tell any bad ones that you are going to call the police , it also good to have some camera in the house, also no windows without windows cover so they can’t see inside, also think about camera that give you sight around the house.

1 Like

Thanks. Great tips. I wonder if another one is has a trusty person who can check on the home periodically and make sure any flyers or news papers are removed from outside the door or gate. I sometimes use a “timer” which turns the lights on at a certain time, like in the evening, found some at Home Depot. Fewer folks have land line phones, but if they do, maybe turn the ringers off or on low, when one is not at home, but you must remember to turn em back on, on our arrival.

All my mail and flyers go in a postal pad for so many home owners here where we live., as for a trust person I don’t because of my personal interests. Yet truth be know I don’t go anywhere now, for days on end . Just work and store for resupply.

1 Like