HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! 18 JUN 2023!

To all of the father’s I say, “Happy Father’s Day.” Thank you for standing on the frontlines and being a warrior for your family; protecting them from the ills of society that seeks to confuse them and disrupt the sanctity of the family unit. You serve as protector, leader and spiritual guide for their spiritual nurture and moral welfare. Stay strong. Stay in the fight. Because I believe it’s worth it despite the blustering winds of societal trends, it’s only a phase; do not be phased by a phase; stay true to what’s true; and don’t be swayed by competing influences that seek to seduce you, period. Two of my favorite passages (which they are all my favorites) from the holy writ that I leave with you today are:

Jeremiah 17:7-8 (AMP), “Blessed [with spiritual security] is the man who believes and trusts in and relies on the LORD and whose hope and confident expectation is the LORD [8] For he will be [nourished] like a tree planted by the waters, that spreads out its roots by the river; and will not fear the heat when it comes; but its leaves will be green and moist. And it will not be anxious and concerned in a year of drought nor stop bearing fruit.”

“For our struggle is not against flesh and blood [contending only with physical opponents], but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this [present] darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly (supernatural) places. [13] Therefore, put on the complete armor of God, so that you will be able to [successfully] resist and stand your ground in the evil day [of danger], and having done everything [that the crisis demands], to stand firm [in your place, fully prepared, immovable, victorious]. [14] So, stand firm and hold your ground, HAVING TIGHTENED THE WIDE BAND OF TRUTH (personal integrity, moral courage) AROUND YOUR WAIST and HAVING PUT ON THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS (an upright heart), [15] and having strapped on YOUR FEET THE GOSPEL OF PEACE IN PREPARATION [to face the enemy with firm-footed stability and the readiness produced by the good news]. [16] Above all, lift up the [protective] shield of faith with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. [17] And take THE HELMET OF SALVATION, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. [18] With all prayer and petition pray [with specific requests] at all times [on every occasion and in every season] in the Spirit, and with this view, stay alert with all perseverance and petition [interceding in prayer] far all God’s people” (Ephesians 6:12-18, AMP).

Happy Father’s Day.

6 Likes

… to all the father’s out there … and to our lasting legacies.May the day bring everlasting happiness and comfort. Stay safe and healthy.

4 Likes

Happy Father’s Day to all my fellow dads and granddads out there! Enjoy your day!
We don’t have to, we get to love, serve, and protect the ones we love! Being a dad is my favorite and toughest job, but wouldn’t have it any other way!

4 Likes

Amen brother God bless you and your family!! To God be the Glory! Two of my favorites- Romans 8:28 KJV
[28] And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Isaiah 43:2 KJV - When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle a upon thee.

6 Likes