Get Home Kits - 12-24 Hours

What you carry depends on where you are. My area requires a good amount of water. Most bar type foods will melt so it is raisins and peanuts (gorp). Light back pack with 2 liter bladder. Fill before you leave the vehicle. I keep at least a couple gallons in the vehicles. I also have 2 stainless steel water bottles as they can be heated. Maybe a couple of mags or ammo for your edc. Extra socks, mole skin and foot powder. Extra underwear wouldn’t hurt. You may need to change them after the initial scare.
The basics in the 1st post are good but individual pack wet wipes are a must. You can wipe your face or your butt. Just not with the same one. High test braided fishing line has many uses along with a couple of heavy needles. A few safety pins. If you wear glasses a repair kit or spares. Sun screen, anti biotic ointment. You can make small water proof packets from plastic drinking straws. Cut to length, seal the ends with a pair of needle nose pliers and a lighter. Bag everything in ziplock bags.
I like a fixed blade knife. Mora carbon is good and inexpensive. A small pry bar. I have a small folding saw that takes wood cutting and metal cutting Sawzall blades. In a disaster you may need to get through obstacles. FLASHLIGHT. You can get alcohol wipes at the dollar stores. Start a fire or wipe a cut.
Consider your route. If you have to cross a bridge it may be down. Paper map is a must. If you are in an urban area get a Silcock Key for commercial water faucets on buildings.
This is in addition to the 1st kit posted and looks at a serious disaster like a quake, tornado or similar.

3 Likes