Firearms. & .HUMIDITY. & RUST. .MAINTENANCE

Maintaining your FIREARMS. with humidity. Trying to destroy!! . My collection of . WEPONS.!! I. Have found out. From a new 357. Magnum revolver I have purchased.!! The instructions said. That only. Use. 10,w.40.!!! Or the warranty is VOIDED.!!! So now I’m using only .10,W.40. On ALL. My . Firearms. And it works BETTER THAN I EVER could . IMAGINE GIVE THAT . A. Try on your E.D.C. And you will .SAVE ALL .your . Collection.

2 Likes

I MENT as to say .WD.40. SPRAY GIVE IT A SHOT. it has helped wy . Collection of WEPONS . . Good grate stuff !!! And affordable . Is the key !

2 Likes

Thank you so much I appreciate you all I am always making mistakes in my Letters . And numbers but I hope I could make it to where everyone can understand my gate ,6 . I am trying to get better thanks Bobby Jean :owl::feather::feather::us::chile::100::heart::bangbang:

2 Likes

I’ve always used a thin coating of EEZOX on the internal surfaces of my guns - especially the slides, and a fairly liberal use of gun polish on the externals - you’d be surprised how much more surface dirt you’ll pick up, even after you’ve applied a thorough cleaning. Try this on a revolver’s cylinder chambers, if you don’t believe me. FYI

3 Likes

Mike.164 thank you for for being my friend I have always liked. Ya and like you you have always been kool to me. Truly . Bobby Jean :bangbang: :owl::feather::feather::chile::us::100::100::100:you have class. And I like that Thank you again brother . Have you heard the song north of Richmond. By that 31 year old guy from Richmond Virginia !! He is so kool . If you have not heard that song check it out wow. Thank you Bobby Jean :+1:

1 Like

First thing I would ask is - what are the environment conditions you keep your firearms in?
Prevention is always better than treatment. You can use any type of protectants and will still get a rust after some time if you don’t take care about proper environment.
Good ventilation is the best. Keep firearms in the same condition you live in. If you feel ok, your firearms will feel good as well.
Then anything from W40 to Mobile 1 (5W30) will do the job…

…I must admit… Eezox is awesome… :v:

3 Likes

I’d also find the coolest, driest location you can for storage. A humid climate near salt-water is slow death on any metal - ask someone who’s owned a car along any Florida or Carolina coastline.

2 Likes

Remember, firearms have only 2 enemies. POLITICIANS and RUST!

3 Likes

That’s why we discuss rust only here… this one we can fight off easily :wink:

2 Likes

Jerzy. Brother I Read my instructions on my new 3,57. Magnum and in the instructions . It said W.D.,40.SPRAY!!! Was all I could use on my . Firearm . Said. 3.57.Revolver. !!! And I . Live where it’s very very humid . And . It was not my first choice ,!!! But it cost me 7.hundred dollars . And they want W.D,40, too . Not void . The warranty,!!! And any thing else . And they . VOID . The warranty. And its . So PRUTTY . Six . Gun . That. If they want .W.D.40.spray only. They . Got it. And . I know they have much better . Cleaning oil’s . Out there!!! But for the price!!! And my warranty grate!!! It’s in my budget. As well. But . Take the rounds out first!! Because. Remember what you taught me about . 22.AMMO. The best and keep it dry.!!! The .W.D.40,Will. Cause. Miss fire’s . But all an all . For the price. A big . Can. Saved me. FROM A VERY LOT. Of damage to . Every thing I had put up. I check on my . Babies. And MR. RUSTY. Was ATTACKING , them. ALL. So every one check . On your collection. A.S.A.P.:bangbang: AND I HOPE YOU FIND EVERYTHING . Not as I did. rust . Move’s very fast. I was .Shocked. And I thought I was . Truly taking care of my babies . Thank you all for the advice . Bobby Jean :owl::chile::feather::feather::us::us::us::100::100::100:

1 Like

W40 is a water displacement formula that displaces moisture.
So by default it’s a rust prevention stuff.
If you cannot guarantee better environment conditions, that’s the only way to keep the rust under control.

If it works for you, that great. Nothing to change.
Don’t stick to WD-40, because the manufacturer says so.
First… nobody is going to check what was used for rust prevention.
Second… if you find something else working better than WD40, use it. It will never void the warranty (even manufacturer says so) only make your job easier and keep firearms in better shape.

Anyway… I checked WD40 website… and was positively surprised how many different products the Company offers these days. Thank God I don’t need to think about the rust in my area… I found out that keeping my firearms clean and shiny keeps the rust away… :wink:

2 Likes

One solution after cleaning your guns - especially after using an ultrasonic - prior to lubing - is to use a small. cheapo hair-dryer, to make sure that it’s free of water-moisture. I picked up mine from my local grocery - a CONAIR “1875” for less than $12, with low and high settings. It beats having to wipe them down, after cleaning and prior to storage. Now THERE’s a convenience I have a practical USE for.

4 Likes

I’m using XPOWER A-2 Air Duster. This one comes with plenty of different nozzles. Maybe not as cheap as hair dryer, but there is no spot in the firearm that can’t be reached and blown out.

2 Likes