Does Your Home Defense Plan Incorporate Your "Fur Babies?"

We only have one dog and it is a Papillon. I got it for my wife as a Christmas present and it came home and attached itself to me. Since my hearing is bad at best I refer to it as my 'Hearing ear dog". She has some serious ears. She sleeps on the bed and goes most every place I go. If I’m asleep she growls at any strange noise and will even growl at the wife. Doesn’t have a mean bone in her body but warns me if anything isn’t normal. I guess I’m her ‘back up’ for home defense.

2 Likes

Our fur babies are 10lb ankle biters, old, and toothless, so pretty much useless for security purposes. But we love them, and will protect them.

2 Likes

Hey @Brett13 …if they bark…they’re an alarm system…which is definitely a useful security feature. For example on the rare occasion that my home alarm goes off in the middle of the night, I listen for my dog barking…if she’s not, I’m fairly confident the garage just wasn’t shut completely and outside air pressure from the wind popped it open…if she’s barking her head off (like anytime any stranger comes to the house), I know there’s someone down there (or at least was).

1 Like

They used to bark more, but now are going deaf, so not as much anymore. Lol

2 Likes