Ask Ed: Concealed Carry FAQs | True Stories | USCCA

NOTE: USCCA Customer Engagement team members get a lot of questions, and they pass a good number of them along to Concealed Carry Magazine Senior Editor Ed Combs. If you have a question, you can either ask it below or email it to editor@usconcealedcarry.com. We, of course, cannot guarantee answers to all questions — Ed’s a pretty busy guy — but we’d love to help you out with whatever’s stumping you.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/ask-ed-concealed-carry-faqs/
2 Likes

Did you train or buy a gun first?

1 Like

Trained first to get my CC in Florida.

I bought my gun first. But I also looked for and took classes on firearm safety a few months later as well. I’ve taken firearm classes for handgun, rifles, and for my CCW. And I read books on it as well. Always learning more all of the time.

Training came first. My father was a cop and 50-60 years ago was a different time. He left his 38 on his nightstand. He also taught the Scouts at a local range. We shot handguns and shotguns and learned to respect them. I’ve taught dogs too and learned to respect them also!

Hmmm let’s see. I bought my first firearm when I was 14 years old. Did I train before that? If you call shooting with my brother and another kid “training” then yes! By the way, that was 54 years ago!

thoughts about using a chest carry rig under a button up shirts for conealment

I have to wonder if the questioner regarding “slang” didn’t perhaps intend “jargon”. No time like early to know the difference between a clip and a magazine…