Another Court Overturns another Ruling

I just read about another ruling in an Illinois Appellate court saying AR-15’s are not covered by the Second Amendment. In the article commenters are complaining about the attack on our 2nd Amendment Rights.

So it got me thinking, since the 2A has been turned into a conversation piece specifically about firearms ignoring the broader meaning of “the right of the people to keep and bear Arms”, a discussion with huge emotions on both sides and an unhealthy dose of misinformation coming from each side. Maybe we change the narrative a bit. Instead of calling it an attack on our Second Amendment Rights we instead say “They are attacking the Bill of Rights, Trying to take away our rights under the Bill of Rights and the constitution…”. I say that because, as many of us know, IF they can trample on number 2 they will not hesitate to trample on number 1 and number 5 and number…

25 Likes

You are absolute correct!
There is a term we used when I was on a local Zoning Board “Creping Encroachment”. Moving your stuff onto a neighbors property a little bit at a time until you get a big chunk. Overturn one right and the rest will be whittled away one piece at a time.

8 Likes

Perfectly put. Similar to taking a link out of the chain until there is no more chain left. Control is complete. I fully support changing the narrative to “an attack on the Bill of Rights” as it covers all of the current encroachment happening throughout this great country.

6 Likes

Bonhoeffer’s theory explains the war on our founding principles.

13 Likes

Excellent insight and well said.

4 Likes

So, what do courts consider the meaning of “Arms” :thinking: if AR-15s aren’t covered by the 2A. All firearms (rifles, pistols, shotguns) are “ARMS”. AR-15 is a rifle you buffoons! AND THEY ARE LEGAL TO PURCHASE! Now we have ANTI-GUN Judges (UK) in high courts. United States of America is no longer a country. Who surrendered this country to the UK. The Resident is imposing UK Law on the American citizens. Didn’t the Resident give us a choice? “Do you want FREEDOM or DEMOCRACY”. WTF!!! The Constitution of the United States and The Bill of Rights gives us all!!! Who the HELL is Resident Joke BiteMe think he is! He’s got to be VOTED OUT!!! Vamonos Cabron!!! :rofl: “God Save The Queen”! :older_man: :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

No,…

An AR-15 in the hands of a civilian is a “weapon of war”

An AR-15 in the hands of an alphabet agent is a “Personal Defense Weapon”

There’s a difference,…. Apparently?

8 Likes

Jack52,
I loved the Banhoeffer’s theory of stupidity. That is wonderful and explains so many things.
Thank you for providing this information.

6 Likes

Ronald150,
Maybe I am missing something? I am unaware of any UK judges on our higher courts. Which courts and who?
Unless you are talking about World Courts…

1 Like

Just ranting on how the Deministration/and Company “anti-2A groups” are attacking our Constitutional Rights of which other countries don’t have the Rights and Freedoms that we have, and these "Elected ( :thinking:) leaders raise their right hand (:crossed_fingers:left hand behind their back, fingers crossed-lieing), taking an OATH to uphold/protect the US Constitution, and working on total disarmament on the American citizens, and that’s mostly what Resident Joke BiteMe has been doing ever since taking the office. (NOTICE HOW I NEVER SAY “PRESIDENT” IN ALL OF MY RESPONSES). “God Save The Queen”. :older_man: :man_facepalming: :laughing:

5 Likes

Excellent video! I just shared this on social media…sadly stupid people will truly not see nor understand the full meaning or significance of this important truth. I pray We The People do not lose this nation to stupid people.

9 Likes

Welcome aboard sir!

3 Likes

We’re sitting back, watching our Country being taken away. NOW who are the stupid people?

Welcome to the forum Frank.

4 Likes

Another instance where the Courts are intentionally bombarded with tyranny as to waste their time overturning bs charges so the tyrants have more time for tyranny. Gets me thinking of the last time a president/resident went through congress to ask for a declaration of war to bomb/coop another country/political enemy for gain…i mean justice. Hmmm

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @Frank2

2 Likes

@Frank2 Welcome to the community!

2 Likes

Look up the Act of 1871. It explains alot about the selling out of America to people working for the 13 wealthiest families on earth, most of which were from Britain due to near bankruptcy after the civil war. The original title to The Constitution was “for the United…” and not “of the United States” which in 1871 gave more power to Corporations (DC) and away from individuals (We The People) in which they established the Federal Income Tax collection by the Foreign Corporation of England know as the IRS since the US Congress finally sold us out in 1871. All this corruption was being fought for by the fascists/tyrants/monarchy before the ink was placed on The Declaration which lead to the document itself! The People were fed up with all the corruption and finally STOOD UP putting their lives, buisnesses, wealth, property and families on the line to fight the strongest country in the world as to secure Liberty for THEIR (our) new nation and the freedoms that came afterwards. We are currently experiencing Stockholm Syndrom and desperately need another Great Awakening to free ourselves from this Kleptocracy we are currently under and take it back to a Constitutional Republic (Article 4, section 4) immediately or very soon all we’ve ever fought and died for will be null and void!!! (Constitution Annotated web page- Analysis and Interpretation of the U.S. Constitution) Stay frosty my freinds and learn our/We The People’s history or these sycodic Demonicrats incharge now (INCLUDING RINO’s) will make the 1940’s Nazi’s look like rookies and YES, the Nazi’s are still alive and very much well including fighting for Ukraine but thats a WHOLE other bag of :poop: for another comment/book. Alot of info, so little space but i want to open the eyes of dormant minded Americans that need to wake the f up asap!!

4 Likes

There is a lot I do not understand in our legal, judicial, and legislative bodies these days. I don’t understand why the AR-15 wouldn’t be covered or included in our 2nd Amendment rights. To my way of thinking when the 2nd Amendment was written the modern firearm most likely owned by civilians would have been muskets and flintlock long rifles. Unless one wants to argue the Constitution is anti-progress, wouldn’t AR-15s be the equivalent long gun for today of the revolutionary war period musket?

I think you’re on to something when suggesting changing our narrative; that is exactly what the 2nd Amendment opponents have done by using terms such as assault weapons or generalized use the term of semi-automatic weapons of mass casualty.

5 Likes

When I hear people say, “The Second Amendment only covers muskets”; usually followed by, “Our Founding Fathers never could have imagined the weapons of today” - here is how I respond:

“Well then, I guess the First Amendment only covers non-amplified and non-broadcast spoken word. I guess it only covers hand written documents, or documents printed by a rudimentary single sheet printing press. Not telephone, television, radio, the Internet or any of the other ways we communicate today. After all, our Founding Fathers never could have imagined the communication technology of today”.

7 Likes

Hi Bruce71, It looks like you are referring to the post I made, in which case it might be you didn’t read my entire post. I didn’t say “The Second Amendment only covers muskets” I suggested muskets were the modern firearm when 2A was written but that the founders and authors of the Constitution didn’t mean for it to be a stagnant document. To have survived this long, it must make provisions for progress in all aspects of our society. To say that 2A doesn’t apply or should exclude modern firearms, such as the AR15, is to deny progress or to say we should still be living by the same standards as existed in the 1790’s. In other words, my point is, AR-15s and all other modern firearms that are reasonable for civilian citizens to own should be included in the tenant of the Second Amendment.

3 Likes