What would you do: In a Crowd?

You are correct,that is the same as I would do and if the weapon was pointed at a person I would strive to do a head shot,as the saying goes kill the motor

2 Likes

Great point. good thing to keep in mind.

2 Likes

Good points here…many good ideas…SPLIT SECOND DECISIONS!
crowdS running toward cars, people panicking
go to cover, buildings, cars,
identify as not to get shot by another concealed carrier
not get involved
stop threat

3 Likes

Protect my family first by whatever means are necessary, i.e, getting them to a safe area, blocking bullets, etc. as my safety is secondary to theirs. Once their safety is secured away from the immediate area of danger, maintain their safety until the situation resolves and we can beat it on out of there. If our lives become endangered by being actively targeted by an aggressor, then neutralize the threat.

3 Likes

While I was in the Marine Corps a Major asked me,“What is more important, welfare of the team or accomplishing the mission?” The answer is, you can’t have one without the other. Your welfare is as important as your mission to protect you family. Using your awareness skills and avoiding any situation in the first place is the idea scenario.

9 Likes

Great answer brother that Major was putting a test on you. YOU PASSED

5 Likes

When see guys fist fighting I’d quietly tell my family time to leave no sudden movements
…put distance between ruckus and my loved ones…go into building or behind building especially if bathroom…made of cinder blocks…good back stop…then call 911…eyes wide open head swivel until police arrive

6 Likes

Given this exercise, having children involved, I would have left the area before it esculated to the point of a gun being drawn.
If I were still there when the gun was drawn, I would get my kids and myself to a place of cover.

3 Likes

This one is tricky, we have multiple options of course.

Do nothing and get out of there, protect those around us, try to disarm(don’t recommend) or try talking him down.

I believe my choice would somewhere in the lines of protecting those around by drawing my gun and giving one command before shooting.

Now I say one because if he goes to point the gun in my direction I am not going to give him the chance to take aim. It would be my hope that I had enough time to draw and aim before he seen what I was doing. If I had my shot lined up I would order him to drop the gun and walk away, then call 911 and report it, if everything went as planned; however, I have a feeling this would end up being a live fire event. Because of the time frame and a person’s natural instinct to turn and face someone talking to them it is almost guaranteed I would have to shoot once I got involved. I don’t think I could in good conscience leave the scene without acting knowing I may have just let multiple people die, when I could have done something. I also wouldn’t ever forgive myself if one of my children were hit by a flying bullet while trying to get away.

2 Likes

I leave when the arguing starts. No need to be involved in anything like that! Avoid is you can

2 Likes

I’ve already left the area at the first sign of a fight - before the gun appeared and people started to scatter.

1 Like

Get the family away asap

2 Likes

Deleted

In the scenario, once he produced a weapon the aggressor/defender roles of their fighting becomes separate the situation to public endangerment. Every surrounding innocent bystander could beyond a reasonable doubt consider their life or another life being at risk of death or severe bodily injury.

1 Like

Here is one option. I don’t have one.

https://dsmsafety.com/

1 Like

Dawn,I will be honest that a person does not really what they will do when something like you explained happens,it will happen no matter what you do,but it is up to you how you react and the training and up to the individual as to how they apply their training to the situation,as in my confrontation,I did not even think about what to do and didnt remember it was all automatic,which I contribute to motor memory training ,but it is up in the air as to what and how I will respond it it happens again,that time it was up to him as to live or die,and I got off the hook,it is not so much as how you handle it,it is the DA and as to if an election is coming up,that is what I was tied up for 3 months,they love to drag it out, it is the after effect that really screws with you when they
ask why you interfered.

1 Like