What is your State Regulation

For deer hunting, an AR pistol in either a straight wall cartridge, or a bottleneck cartridge of allowable case length(see my original post), if it has been converted to a single shot(removed gas tube) and the magazine hold only 1 round. Many fellow Hunters are having huge success with single shot AR pistols, in 300 blackout.

For varmints, coyotes, etc, anything goes.

1 Like

Thank you for your response. Can you hunt with an AR15 and what Ammo can you use?

Mississippi is getting to where they donā€™t want to get involved with your freedoms. I like that about our state leaders. Now if they could do something about these danged mosquitos Iā€™d be a happy man!

1 Like

I posted what I could find and nothing I saw stops you from using a centerfire AR. Here is the link.
Legal Methods of Hunting in Alabama | Outdoor Alabama

1 Like

I didnā€™t say that.

What I read was .30cal or greater. Thanks

You bet.

Two different sentences, ā€œRifles using centerfire, mushrooming ammunition. Pre-charged pneumatic air powered guns, .30 caliber or larger.ā€

1 Like

Thanks. Got it.

Thatā€™s too bad about the 70 grain minimum. Winchester makes a fine 64 grain load for whitetail in 223.

What State are you in? I did not want to imply that FL required the load I mentioned. That grain just happened to be what I could find.
I want to try and find the Winchester in that grain for Whitetail.
Thanks for responding.

Iā€™m in Tennessee. I set up an account at midway USA and then use the notify me button for out of stock products.

I have also picked up the same thing at academy sports labeled as hog ammo.

What is the 70 grain load that you use?
Thanks

1 Like

223 Rem 70gr, Expanding Price 2 months ago was $31.20 for 10 Rounds.

Itā€™s only while hunting.

Keep the game fair.

1 Like

I went hunting recently and noticed three people on the hunting trail, 2 jogging, 1 just walking; not even wearing the required orange. I turned to the other two hunters in the parking lot, and I asked them, I am correct, is this spot allowed for hunting today, and they agreed - yes, but they said they were leaving because of people jogging in the woods.

I was dumfounded. I tried to talk with the joggers, walkers, but after my saying hello to them to engage them, they smiled, said hello back and they just kept on.

I carried on, but made sure there were no non-hunters any where near, I traveled extra deep into the woods.

My message to joggers and walkers, good for you, that is healthy, you promote our ecology, but please first study the places you want to go to, to ensure you are not jogging there while hunting is there that date. There might even be a law against being there if you are not hunting. Some hunters travel hundreds of miles, and book vacation lodges just for that one event.

With all due respect, in thousands of most acres - ā€œhuntingā€ is not allowed, but jogging and walking are. Very few spots allow hunting, and only a few select dates.

For all our safety sakes, please read up and call ahead. Gratitude. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The ā€œpublic trailsā€ near me are closed t anyone ā€œnot engaged in the legal hunting of whitetail deerā€ during firearm and muzzle loader season. The IDNR and Army Corps of Engineers put up barriers with that signage on them during those days. Enter have in your blaze orange, or blaze pink during those days if your on that trail, for 2 reasons
1.It is a law the game wardens will enforce
2.The ā€œChicagoā€ hunters shoot at sounds in bushes, dogs, cows, wind in the trees etc(you get the idea).
You can always tell where they hunt. Sounds like world war 3 has started.

2 Likes