And this is why you should train with your less dominate hand!

Hi Kenneth94,

What State do you live in? The reason I ask, is because I am a Paralegal and Private Investigator with The Krolikowski Law Firm in California, 949-269-1953 and can help you with your work related accident. I (we) get people help for workers’ compensation and personal injuries. Hopefully, you are getting the proper medical treatment for the rest of your life, if needed, better yet, hopefully you will recover well. Let me know, please. I would love to help you out. Eli Michael Goff

1 Like

I completely agree with you! I’ve started training with my non dominant hand a few months ago.

1 Like

As a former police officer,all our practice and matches had to be performed with both hands, the reason is the same this gentleman had, if you are wounded in your dominate hand you darned sure better be able to use the other one!!

1 Like

Sorry about your accident. I hope your recovery goes well.
If I may suggest something, am please tell me if you think I’m stepping on your toes. But has your Dr, or your PT, suggested hippotherpy(sp), or as it is commonly known as equine therapy. Between the grooming tacking, and the exercises on the horse it may help you get more rotation and range of movement out of your shoulder.
I’ve been riding since I was 17yr old. And I know that I felt better after accidents (falls, being slammed into walls, doing imitations of Wyle E Cyote down a bank and into ditches etc) and broken bones, and being drug by animals that out weight me by a lot. Sometimes I wonder how I manage to make to adulthood without being in traction at least once.

1 Like

As an instructor for Concealed Carry, I encourage students to practice with their “off hand”. Many have never tried it.

I was forced to use either the right or left over the years for two reasons : (1). No one checked my eye dominance so I began shooting rifle and pistol with my right hand/ right eye. I am actually left handed and left eye dominant but do large motor skill from the right side. (2). I have had 8 eye surgeries and would use whichever eye I could actually see with at the time. As a result, I am very proficient with either. Not bad for a blind woman with a gun.

4 Likes

@Tina2 Welcome to the community, we are glad to have you. :us:

1 Like

Great Idea I have a full pan plate fusion in my Rt Hand writs . So it is hard at times to shoot. So I need to become better shoot with my Left hand. Thanks Guys and Gals .Great advise !!

1 Like

I got a Ruger AR556 to go along with the full size AR 15 I already have. Its a carbine that handles well in tight areas. It has a Romeo 5 red dot also. Was looking at putting either a laser or a light on it. But the AR556 isnt my inside defense weapon. That duty goes to the pistols. The thought of blasting a AR in the house and deafening myself is a little off putting .

1 Like

Welcome to the family sister @Tina2 , glad you could join us.

Welcome to the family brother @Bruce164 , glad you could join us. Keep practicing with the other hand, as it has been said, practice makes perfect.

YUP
Muzzle Blast/Noise Level - IS an issue with an AR, especially if you have a Compensator on it like mine for Competition.
I have 3 - All with Competition Compensators mounted.
Solution - Keep a Pair of Electronic Earmuffs beside it.
I keep a 9mm M&P near by, A 10in AR(With Mounted Tac-Light) and A 9mm Shield.
All near a pair of Earmuffs - those go On-1st depending on nature of the Threat
if time allows. I have multiple security alert systems here so likely I will know - be
forewarned.

I also keep a 9mm PCC near by, still Loud as Hell in a “House” but not as bad as and AR.

A note here - If you do fire even a 9mm inside a House “without earmuffs” you Will NOT be
able to hear “Anything” for say 5min. Cant talk to 911 etc.
SOMETHING TO CONSIDER.
How do it know? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This is great advice. I once seen an old cowboy movie where in the wild wild west, a group of outlaws got into a shoot out with the law.

An officer was hit in the right shoulder, his dominant arm, and when he dropped his gun and fell to the ground, he picked up his gun with the other least dominant hand and struck the bad guy center mass, laying him down 4 good.

I thought to myself, man how cool was that ? Then I thought to myself, man, how DIFFICULT WAS THAT ???

1 Like

Kenneth94, im wishing you a more speedier recovery. Hoping you get 100% full use of your shoulder. You’ll be back in the swing of things in no time.!!!

1 Like

Thanks or that valuable advice jeff4, I didn’t know the Hk Vp9 was ambi. You learn something new everyday.

1 Like

Sorry to hear Kenneth94, I had a right shoulder replacement then when it failed I had a reverse replacement Did have a good 85% mobility know comes the but, the reverse failed leaving me no right should. I am down to 20% mobility, It is a stiff learning curve keep working on the left side it takes time.

1 Like

Getting kicked in the naughty bits really upsets me.

Thank you!

1 Like

Did you fall in your place or someone else’s?

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about your trouble. Hope everything gets better for you. Merry Christmas.

1 Like

re Home Defense:
“That duty goes to the pistols. The thought of blasting a AR in the house and deafening myself is a little off putting .”

I Understand - And That “would” be Bad.

Thing is -
Blasting just a 9mm inside a house will also make you deaf for at least 5min.
(How to I know ? :slight_smile:

Solution - Keep a set of Ear Muffs next to your gun and hope to get them on 1st.
I keep a set of Electronic Muffs next to mine.

2 Likes