Your next firearm is going to be a Colt 1911 or Colt SSA. Which is it? And, why?

Your next firearm is going to be a Colt 1911 or Colt SSA. Which is it? And, why?

My next firearm is not going to be a Colt.

3 Likes
  1. If I’m going single action 45 Long Colt, it’s a Ruger Blackhawk.
3 Likes

Mine is colt 1911. I love 1911s my favorite gun My every day carry gun is like a mini 1911 it’s made by Kimber.

2 Likes

If I were going down Route 1911 it would likely say Remington on the slide.

1 Like

Another way to state the OP follows.

For the sake of this thread, presume your next firearm is going to be a Colt 1911 or Colt SSA. Which is it? And, why?

Perhaps people would understand the OP if it was stated as:

Presume you are going to purchase a Colt 1911 or a Colt SSA revolver. Those are the only choices you have. Which are you going to purchase and why?

Then why are you posting in this thread?

Perhaps @Ouade5 is going to purchase CZ 1911… not Colt 1911… :wink:

Answering the question - Colt 1911. It would fit my hip better plus 9mm is my favorite ammo.

1 Like

You told me my next firearm is going to be a Colt. It isn’t. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I am always open for a gift! I would be tickled if someone got me a gun for a present! I would not complain whether it is a black powder pistol or a 1911 Colt! Even if it was broken, I would fix it!

3 Likes

It’s a gift from Illinoisan to @Todd30 , who has to carefully use firearm, not being fully supported by USCCA. :wink:

Colt M1911 :v:

A 2022-05-21 17-27-38

1 Like

Your not going to ever ever find amo that says 45 Long Colt. Not as bad as calling a rifle a gun.

Since we are being sticklers about Colt firearms, I came across a Colt 22 buntline today. It had holster wear but looked pretty serviceable. No idea what it was worth. Colt doesn’t make my sticker peck out more than another brand. I see firearms as functioning or not. Imported or not. The grey area comes in with useful or practical or fun to shoot…

2 Likes

No, but both 45 Colt and 45 ACP are technically 45 “Colt.” It is a common nickname for the Colt rimmed cartridge to be called “Long Colt.”
That’s why I used that moniker in this situation.

1 Like

Nice!!! I like it!

1 Like

2 Likes

Dear friends, never meant to be a stickler, but I found information and have learned things that I try to pass on. I’m sure some of you might know more than me so if you do offer the information up and save me some typing.
PS: no worry. There are some interesting things about reloading a 45 Colt but, I’ll let who ever figure it out for your own self.
IS ALL GOOD.

I suggest you start a thread for people to discuss reloading .45 cartridges.

1 Like

Thanks Mr. Mike. I think I started one for reloading questions quite a while ago and one for cast/lead BULLETS ; also a few other topics to share and gather knowledge. I’m still learning things about shooting, reloading and people.:wink: