You know you are having a bad day

You drop a box of ammo on the range and the range has to go cold while you pick-up 100 rounds of 22LR.
The person next to you on the range is knocking out the center of the target at 75’ and you re barely hitting the paper at 30’ and you’re both using the same pistol (blame the ammo).

You drop your Sig P340 and you remember about the recall rather suddenly.

2 Likes

Get to the range, pay up, settle in, load your mags, aim pull trigger. Nothing. Light primer hit. Again & again. Try different ammo. No no no. Pack up go home depressed…

1 Like

The range has in the pistol in the rental section that you always wanted to try, but no ammo for it.

The wife finds out how much ammo you ordered and how much it cost.

1 Like

Remind your wife how much she spends on beauty supplies and services. I bet she keeps her mouth shut. :rofl:

3 Likes

When you get to your own, little, out in the middle of nowhere range spot and never thought about putting your Walker Razors on your ears until AFTER you have just squeezed the trigger on your 450BM AR

2 Likes

When you use your friend’s anti-tank rife and it dislocates your shoulder (happened to a friend of mine ex-Army).

2 Likes

when you run up to the back of the 2-1/2 ton truck to stop your soldier/friend from backing onto an M577 track vehicle, get hook on the back suddenly get lifted off your feet and crushed between them. It gets much worse after being medivaced on an hour long bumpy tank trail, pass out and then tortured by the doc’s solution. A bad day turns into a bad month and grows into full blown PTSD after it topped with several other really bad experiences.

2 Likes

You took your headphones out of your range bag to use cutting the grass.

2 Likes

TWICE!:rofl:
That’s why I have 2 pairs in each car and 2 in my range bag.

1 Like

Yep, Well if you’ve read my posts over the many months you’ll see I’m a prepper and 2 is 1 and 1 is none, but for some reason I have been losing headphones. I’ve always had 2 under the drivers seat of the truck and one in the range bag.

I am now down to 1 in the range bag, weird.

2 Likes

Like the missing sock in the dryer😀

1 Like

If that truly happened to you my condolences. If there is a award for having a bad day you win 1st place.

2 Likes

Yes, it really happened. 100% disabled rating.

1 Like

A friend of mine was hunting and was sitting in his tree stand. He felt snow dropping on his hat. When he finally looked up he found out it was a possum s—ting on him. Needless to say the possum wound up having a bad day also.

2 Likes

When 7 does stop, and wait for you to shoot, only to have a misfire of a shotgun slug. Only happens with Lightfield slugs, and that the only sabot slugs I could find this year.

2 Likes

Little off tonight, had to read that 1st sentence a couple of times before I got it…

Finally get range time at local indoor range,via online appointment setting. 45m drive in traffic (although it’s 15m away), get in parking lot 5 mins before appointment…forget ammo can. $20 wasted. Head for home,while in traffic check for any openings later same day. Cool…found an opening. 1PM! PAy online,figure enough time to get home,grab ammo can and get to range…
sitting in traffic ahlway back to range. get online to confirm appointment. DAMMIT…it’s for next day at 1pm! And i work! $20 wasted $40 plus gas in my gas guzzlling rig… sigh
:sleepy: :sleepy: Went home and took a nap

1 Like

That reminds me of stories I had jumping out of bed to get to school and after getting to school realizing it’s Saturday. That sucks.

Did something similar recently. I work a very radical swing shift for 11 yrs now with a lot of overtime. Got off a Thursday night at 1800, having the next day off would have been my only day off,but…I was scheduled for Friday ot. Came home Thursday night. Went to bed early. woke up 0400, got to work 0500 Friday morning. Coworker asked me why I was there and told him I was in on overtime. He said " I looked st schedule and you signed overtime for tonight"…
sigh…

I’ve done the same thing for work.

1 Like