You Get What You Pay For But REALLY?

So Tauras finally after 7 months got my brand new G2c to my shop and in my hands. This was a brand new replacement for the one that I bought in 2019. Here is my question or concern. The gun needed one heck of a cleaning. Like how much grease do they pack? Even the saftey plunger gobbed in grease. So I did a complete breakdown and cleaning. Is this normal? Im used to glocks with minimal any lube besides the normal bronze break in grease. Is this normal? I oiled it up pretty good after the intense cleaning. Do other brands just take more ? Ibwant to keepnit clean the right way!

4 Likes

If you are used to Glock not being that way, and I recently bought a M&P Shield 2.0 and a Springfield xds mod2 (both new) that were also minimal protective coated. I would say unless it is a oddball one time thing, that may be normal for them. Upside I guess better too much than not enough :man_shrugging:.

5 Likes

Thank you! Actually before this i had only glocks. And before i even thought about cleaning it i sent this one back. So i cant even compair. My only guess is they test fired this one to make sure it ran well. I know it was fired for a fact. I just really wanna know how much does it really need. I use a great oil thats used for automatic guns. So the thing is like butter now.

5 Likes

Do not compare to Glockā€¦ Glock runs without any lubeā€¦ and plastic doesnā€™t need grease for preservationā€¦
:upside_down_face:
OKā€¦ I was kiddingā€¦

All my guns came with factory grease / lubeā€¦ whatever it was. The most ā€œgreasedā€ was Rock Island 1911, it was so ā€œgreasedā€ that original fiber rod was destroyed by it.

Itā€™s better to have too much factory protective lube and clean it than have nothing and end up with rust on the barrel.

6 Likes

You obviously were never issued a brand new M16 in the Military. I have seen less grease in a wheel bearing.

I am not joking , it was really that bad.

Don

7 Likes

Neither of my two EDCā€™s, one of which is a G2C, came greased like that. Even then, the first thing Iā€™ve done with each of my weapons is tear it down and clean it. Mostly because I enjoy doing it.

I did purchase a GSG Firefly to plink with, it was loaded with white grease. Had to field strip and clean the entire weapon, which has functioned well since then.

2 Likes

CZā€™s also tend to come ā€œwell lubedā€ with a preservative that rivals cosmoline. Clean ā€˜em, and they function perfectly. Shoot ā€˜em w/out cleaning first andā€¦YMMV

2 Likes