Yes she is this stupid

I use to be anti gun before I was married. I had the disillusion that less guns meant less killing. I have had the same disillusion until I met my wife and started hunting. I basically thought anyone who owned a gun was evil. It seems to me that anti gun people have the same disillusion that I had.
Your theory makes a lot of sense to me. It has never been about politics or money to me. To me it is about saving lives and keeping peace.

2 Likes

I grew up in a none firearm family so never had any actual experience with them other than shooting a friends .22 a couple times in high school. Turns out my father wasn’t a big fan of them due to an experience he and a group of students had with one on a college camping trip. But he never tried to pass his dislike of them on to me.

But I always had a strong interest in history so I was exposed to weapons, tactics and strategy mostly through the books and magazines that I read. History is full of stories of good people losing their lives or freedom because they did not have the tools they needed to defend themselves. I seemed to always have an instinctual thought in the back of my head that it would be useful to own a firearm one day for defensive purposes.

Took me quite awhile before I finally had both the time and funds at the same time to actually get my first. But I’m glad I did. Hope to be able to pass the tools I’ve acquired down to my son. But given the massive push to pretend the 2A doesn’t exist I’m not so sure I will get to do that.

3 Likes

She’s just a liar. This is the woman who said AR15s are as heavy as 10 moving boxes and fire .50 cal bullets;

4 Likes

I tried spelling this out and Siri kept changing one word

fronds

Plural form of frond

frƏnd

noun

1. A leaf of a fern.
  2. A large compound leaf of a palm.
  3. A leaflike thallus, as of a seaweed or lichen.
5 Likes

I sincerely believe a bag of walnuts has an IQ that is 85 points higher than hers.

4 Likes

85 points is to much credit

2 Likes

Sheila Jackson Lee is a Representative from the Houston area and has been so since 1994 – more than a quarter of a century. According to Wikipedia her 2020 election stats

“In the Democratic primary, Jackson Lee defeated seven other candidates with 77% of the vote. In the general election, she defeated Pate (her Republican opponent) again, 73.3% to 23.5%.”

Apparently, the overwhelming majority of people in her own party (who bother to vote in the primary) and the overwhelming majority of people in her Houston Texas district who vote believe in her enough to place her in office and keep her there for about 30 years. If staying in office is the measure, she ain’t that stupid.

true
ok she’s smart stupid then. smart because she can and has been able to keep her seat. stupid because she has no idea WTH she’s talking about.

1 Like

Are you saying she is playing stupid. Is she being a smart ass? Is she in denial? All of the above?

2 Likes

Saying stupid stuff is just de rigour for politics. It gets your name in the news and keeps you on everyone’s mind. Her stupid statements were reported here and read by the folks who visit this site. Stupid statements got the Orange man elected in spite of things would have wiped out any other Republican.

But, she has the loyalty of way more Texans than there are voting gun owners in Houston. She doesn’t care whether she makes stupid gun statements 'cause she knows gun owners won’t show up in enough numbers to unelect her.

2 Likes

This :point_up:

1 Like
4 Likes

Purely agenda driven. Simply too hard to believe she is this stupid.

4 Likes

I heard they tried installing lie detectors on the Senate and House floors a few years back but as soon as they were switched on the alarms wouldn’t stop buzzing and they quickly burned out.

Joke;) Sorta:(

4 Likes

wouldn’t put it past her, you are giving here to much credit

2 Likes

And the joke is on us!

ff

3 Likes

If she is exposing this degree of personal stupidity, what is your assessment of the degree of stupidity demonstrated by the people that elected her?

3 Likes

You mean the people who keep re-electing her. Fool me once

4 Likes

Unfortunately it seems to me that most people vote for anyone who tells them the one or two things they really want to hear and ignore all the other BS spewing from that politician’s mouth.

Even more unfortunate is that the small but incredibly vocal and incredibly well funded anti self defense wing of the Democratic Party knows absolutely nothing about firearms. If a politician told these people they were going to take away everyone’s AR15s because they shoot exploding dandelions that take out whole city blocks they’d likely get a lot of votes.

5 Likes

It’s pretty amazing some of the insanely stupid things that members of Congress can say and yet still get re-elected. And I don’t aim this comment at one specific party, it’s just the American way, apparently.

5 Likes