Yard sale armed guards

Is it better to sling my AR-15 across my chest when selling big ticket items such as TV’s, printers, computers etc out of my garage or just pack discreetly and hope I can draw quickly.
Sun Tzu once said “ To prevent the enemy from coming forth, show them the potential harm.

1 Like

@Scott52

I’m not sure I understand…

However, I think no matter the circumstance, carrying a sidearm is enough.
If you are having a garage sale you don’t want to scare your potential customers. :rofl:

3 Likes

I’m honestly not sure if this is a real question. I dont know the demographic of your neighborhood but in my neighborhood a few things will happen. Very very few people will come to my yard sale with an AR slung over my shoulder. Except the police, they definitely will come (even though it is legal).

Are you trying to scare away customers or sell televisions?

#carryconcealed

5 Likes

Sounds more like a scene out of one of those “post apocalypse” movies.

5 Likes

I guess I’d start off with the question of have there been any incidents of yard sales being robbed in your area?

If not, I’d probably just carry how you normally do (concealed or open whatever you normally do).

If there have been incidents, then I might make it a point to open carry your regular side arm (not sure I’d break out the AR15 unless I had thousands of dollars of jewelry or something out there).

Sun Tzu also said “Conceal your dispositions, and your condition will remain secret, which leads to victory,; show your dispositions, and your condition will become patent, which leads to defeat.”

Just saying…there’s a time and place for everything…and the above is just me. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I really appreciate all your answers, thank you!
First, I was a little facetious about the AR-15 thing!
Unfortunately we are living in a world where there are now “safe areas” at your local police departments to sell things. Everyday it seems like the bad guy is winning. Felons will have the right to vote then they will be able to carry then the pre- crime division will be out in full force.
Do I dare ask what’s next?
Again thank you for your responses.

5 Likes

I love those movies, I just don’t want to be an Extra in the 2020 version!

I don’t necessarily disagree with felons having their Rights returned after they’ve served their time. I’m part of the “if they’re too dangerous to own a firearm then they’re too dangerous to be out in society” crowd.

1 Like

I would tend to agree, but only after the released felon has spent sufficient time back in civilian society without criminal incident or association.