Would you have intervened, or maybe even used a weapon here?

The boy was by himself, going to take the bus to visit his Grandmother. Such a traumatic experience for him.

As far as the laws, getting sued is the last thing most people aren’t worried about in defending themselves, it’s the maybe more so the fear and possibility of getting shot or stabbed most likely.

Then there are those that just sadly don’t want to get involved.

Another factor is some people get stuck like a deer in the headlights and frozen with fear when a violent attack occurs.

4 Likes

I must have misunderstood the story. I thought the father was with him.

3 Likes
2 Likes

@Brad,
Situational awareness was key in this situation and the 13 year old girl was smart enough to notice that something was wrong with this individual. The girls father and the friends held the individual there for the arrival of law enforcement, excellent work.

3 Likes

I teach my kids to notice people who look at them intently.

3 Likes

Evil triumphs only when good people do nothing. Intervening in this case is encouraged but won’t change anything. Consider to root cause. Unite and stand for 2A. Find a way to change California anti-gun laws. If more law abiding people CCW, criminals think twice before taking evil actions. Peace thru strength.

4 Likes

They’d rather get “THE VIDEO” to post all over hell, hoping to get a few likes. Not to mention, most people are so afraid of a little pain that they won’t take any chances what so ever.

3 Likes

You’re right. And what would you use as a weapon? If you had a firearm on public transit of any kind you’d already be breaking the law. Then if you use it, that’s a whole other can of worms.

Not a lot of pipes or baseball bats lying around on a bus.

2 Likes

Assuming you are in jurisdiction that prohibits any kind of weapon, or martial arts implement on public bus. A belt could be a helpful tool, or a heavy walking cane. I wouldnt be riding a city bus without means to defend myself from psychos

3 Likes

What do you want them to do…ban belts? Geez…

3 Likes
3 Likes

@Alexander8,
Good demo and I guess you could say he’s using the belt like nunchucks.

3 Likes

Same as using a cane like arnis, kali, or escrima

3 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

That’s great :+1::+1:

2 Likes

He said he learned it in King Fu. I first learned it in Kempo and expanded on it in Krav Maga. It’s a very good “Hit and Git” technique. But again, I’ll say, RUN First. Fight only if you absolutely have to.