Why did you choose your carry gun?

Love my VP9 (EDC). I got a low profile flared mag well from HKPARTS and it made a world of difference.

4 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @hoffmanr1 and God bless you.

2 Likes

I choose to carry because it is crazy out there. Violence is becoming more and more as everyday passes and I will do what I must [ being put in a situation ] to defend myself and my family. Home invasions, car jacking, assaults in congested areas are up. I never have looked for trouble, and I will say my awareness is on a " Spidey Sense" today, I would prefer to have someone call me something other than get into a confrontation, however don’t confuse intelligence for cowardice.

If I use a IWB, then I carry Sig Sauer P239 and if external Sig Sauer P226 MK 25, both are 9MM based on my experience that at 30 Ft I will hit my target and have a positive understanding of what is behind that target.

4 Likes

G2 has alot of years dependable service here. Dont think mine has ever jambed

2 Likes

No dont remeber seeing that either

3 Likes

@hoffmanr1.
Welcome to the community
Train Hard and Stay Safe.

2 Likes

Is bounty your meat target?:grin:

1 Like

I chose a Ruger Security 9 because it was a Ruger, before the semi auto my edc was Ruger sp101, Summer months I go to the Ec9s. But even in the summer the security 9 is still pretty easy to conceal.
Price point was a consideration as well when purchasing the Security 9 and Ec9s. They all fit well in my hand and they have all functioned without a problem.

4 Likes

What do you think about the Manuel safety. I’ve read it can be hard to disengage or can be slippery. I looked I got the gun for a bit because I like a Manuel safety, but there are not a whole lot of options.

1 Like

Hey @scoutbob the manual safety is not an issue for me. It may be a bit small for large hands but I have found that it is easy to manipulate to the fire position with my thumb only especially the more I practice with it (the safety) and shoot it.

Going back into the safe position is another story. I am not able to manipulate to the safe position with my thumb only, I have to use both hands; holding with my right hand and pushing the safety up with my left thumb. I have read that this is by design, I’m not sure about that. But it doesn’t bother me really. It goes into the fire position real easy for me.

2 Likes

That actually sounds like a good thing. Sounds like it’s hard to accidentally put the gun on safe while shooting.

Thanks for the feedback!

2 Likes

I know at some point in the past I posted to this question. But after period of time I began to think it really wasn’t a choice really. 1966 I was 10 years old. I already owned a shotgun and a rifle. Even at 10,11,12 years old in those days it would have been nothing for me to borrow my Dads or Grandpa handgun or any gun for that matter.Diffent day a different world. So with all this I dont choose to carry. I just carry

Comfort in my hand, enough power with the right ammo to put any intruder down permanently!