Who's price gouging

Not the first time they’ve done this.

3 Likes

I quit shooting until this settles down. I usually go through 250 rounds a week but everywhere I have checked they are either out or price quadruples when you hit order. I have plenty of ammo just will sit on it for now.

4 Likes

I’m doing the same. Just upping my dry fire

5 Likes

My latest price jump I saw was at cheaper then dirt. They were getting a 200% mark up. This is not the first time. In 2012 when prices shot up they were getting all they could then.

3 Likes

I usually buy from AngelFireAmmo.com but they’re in the same condition as SGA Ammo… not taking orders right now. That started about 4-5 days ago. I was set to put an order in and … yeah. not happening right now.

We’re in ok shape for ammo, not as much as I’d like, but not empty shelves by any means. I’ll put this on a priority for purchase as some come available.

Ammo.com did have stock available two days ago, prices vary, I think they’re a clearing house, not a retailer, so it may be based on who is supplying different items.

3 Likes

At least this gives us a “reason” to check out local dealers to see if they are gouging ( or what they just got in or on sale or what I didn’t know I needed)
And we will do this to help out our community and not for the selfish reasons we usually do

3 Likes

Well @Zee - This is one reason I started reloading 10 years ago and I am glad I did. Spending all kinds of money for ammo is crazy. I know - we are not supposed to carry reloads for SD. Thankfully I have plenty of ammo myself and all is great. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Angel fire has been great! I got some a few months ago from a place out of Vegas, seemed to have more smoke, cant remember their name. Almost all my supply is angel fire.

2 Likes

Last Sat, went to get some shotgun shells as the daughter is shooting trap. One of the local, great places, is an army surplus store. 5.00 a box of 25. GREAT PRICE. There was maybe what, 15 cases left. Stopped by there yesterday, all were gonzo. I looked around and found some higher velocity way in the back of the store, maybe they didn’t know they had the stock at that area. Bought few cases. 5.00 a box. They had a bunch of 9mm, fairly cheap, but we have a huge supply.

3 Likes

there is NO 9mm in Michigan, or in Missouri. If you don’t already have it, you’re not getting it for a while.

2 Likes

Bass Shop Pro keeps prices :ok_hand: And that’s why I like this store.
9 mm is available, just farther from Chicago.

And they also honor elderly:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

7 Likes

How old is older? Do I need an AARP CARD?

2 Likes

To be determined.
They are working on it. Hopefully new Terms & Conditions will be posted soon. :wink:

2 Likes

They said they had some reasonable 9mm online. I ordered some. They back ordered it, with a projected May delivery.

2 Likes

Did you call the store? Online stock mostly has nothing to store stock.

2 Likes

Palmetto is really going hard at pricing. 2 weeks ago $180 for a case of 9 mm. Today over $300. Might be time to stop buying from them

1 Like

That seems unusual from them.

1 Like

Everyday SGAmmo.com has 9mm now. The manufacturer usually differs daily. They run out quickly though. I just ordered a 1000rd case of MagTech 124gr FMJ for $249 + $16 shipping. If they are out, just check back the next day.

@MikeBKY thank you for the lead on this supplier!

2 Likes

249 isn’t much higher than normal for them. My last 9mm order from them was 1,000 rounds of fiocchoi 115 gr for just over 200dollars and that was before the rush buying.

2 Likes

Palmetto wanted$320 plus shipping. F em

1 Like