Who taught you to shoot?

I’ve always wanted to shoot full auto, but I’d rather not have to enlist to do so! Plus, I don’t think they’d take me at this point. :slight_smile:

1 Like

There are places in Las Vegas you can shoot fully automatic and you have your choice of weapons

Thanks,

Don

1 Like

Someone brought that up in: What do you wish your local shooting range had? - they even have placed where you can blow stuff up!

I think some of us from Wisconsin need to go check it out next winter as a “research trip” :wink: Are you in @DBrogue?

1 Like

There’s a shooting range in Nashville where you can rent full auto.

2 Likes

I believe KYGunco has rentable full autos. Even a Tommy Gun.

1 Like

The range I go to in Illinois has a large assortment of full auto for rent at select times.

2 Likes

You mean you dont want to go in August? Just kidding, although I have gone there in July and August before (damn relatives want you go come visit at the strangest times).

1 Like

in Illinois? seriously? :smiley: I could get there, just need to know where to go @Maximilian

Where is this land of unicorns in Illinois?

2 Likes

seriously… let’s go! I’ll meet you there.

The range I go to is

North Shore Sports Club

28392 N Ballard

Lake Forest, Il

847-984-2283

www.northshoresportsclub.com

It’s a very nice and relatively new range. Check it out

Max

1 Like

That’s less than an hour and a half from me… :thinking:

Around the same for me

1 Like

Sounds like a road trip coming up. BTW its a indoor range. And i think a USCCA instructor works there.

1 Like

If they had a belt fed, I’d be willing to take a field trip.

Dad taught me to shoot when was 6, with a pellet gun. Took me hunting with that pellet gun until I was 8. I learned all the rules and does and fonts in that 2 years. Dad upgraded me to a 4-10. Hunted with that and target shot until 10-11. Upgraded me to a 20 ga. Til I was 15 and for Christmas my 16th bday got a 12ga winchester ranger.

1 Like

Dad took me to the woods with my Daisy Red Ryder BB gun when 5 or 6. Then, he let me shoot his .22 when I was about 8.

2 Likes

@Chris3 welcome to the community! That’s a pretty awesome memory to have. I wish my dad would have… he probably would have if the whole topic of firearms hadn’t made my mom hysterical.

Pretty cool to grow up with that.

Actually learned from the good ole US Army. hoooaaah. It’s an army thing.

2 Likes

Thank you for your service, @Raymond!

2 Likes