Who is a "Threat"

Power corrupts, absolute power… well, you know the rest.

9 Likes

Thank you for considering the Homeless, as they’re citizens as much as any one of us. This is an issue many face in my community. We have a lot of services in our area, which they can turn to for temporary care. Once the have received this service… they’re still vunerable.

Missouri, my state, no longer requires concealed carry permits for gunholders. However, this comes with a lot of “red-flag” laws and restrictions. Most of the public buildings that welcome the homeless strictly prohibit firearms, so there’s no place for them to store firearms away, as many of us would. It’s not “illegal” for homeless to posses firearms, but their situation prevents them from abiding by the other policies that come with the responsibility

7 Likes

My thoughts, as a retired street cop/detective, and NOT some paper-shuffling Suit Behind A Desk–mass shakedowns like these described in SLC are a built-in opportunity for a recipient of these unconstitutional “creep sweeps” to become lawsuits in Federal Court–lawsuits that plaintiffs WILL WIN. If The Suits want the uniforms to Clean Up The Streets in this manner, put in it in writing–so that The Suits get sued, and not us. Such responses tended to tone down the fervor of the shot-callers more than a little.

The blight caused by homelessness is destroying American cities. No indicator of society’s collapse is more visible than a homeless encampment. The City Fathers hate that look, but they have painted themselves into a corner they can’t get out of with public policies and case decisions that favor development of blight and filth. As a nation, we lack the will to make things better.

5 Likes

I would not say they could but there are a number of issues. Where would this person buy the gun? How would they afford it. Same with ammo. Then the big question would be, where would they safely store it?

2 Likes

Brings to mind the movie “Minority Report” What a sad state of affairs this country has evolved (devolved??) to.

6 Likes

Bad cops make it rough on the good cops and I believe there are more good than bad. The same sentiment does not apply to prosecutors. Someone being down and out may have more need of that firearm than most of us. Some of the homeless are not nice people.

4 Likes

Why don’t we just take the homeless & put them up in hotels like we do for illegal aliens. Fly them around the country to relatives as they wish. Oh I forgot that’s not on the agenda…

7 Likes

Well said.

3 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Wayne63 , glad you could join us

1 Like

I’d like to see this one play out in court.

2 Likes

I say no if they have done nothing wrong sounds like they are trying to violate their rights just saying

7 Likes

Depends on the State. In many States you can get a gun in a private sale or as a gift without paperwork. You just can’t convey a gun to a person you know not to be eligible to own a gun.

3 Likes

I don’t disagree, but the question for the seller is how do they know unless they see a concealed carry license or through an ffl.

1 Like

I have been given guns by a widow who knew my wife for 25 years (and me for only 20). I have only sold to neighbors who I have never seen the police visit in 20 years or through consignment with an FFL.
The only paperwork involved was the consignment paperwork with the FFL (and the check in the mail). I didn’t have to prove I owned the rifle I sold through consignment other than signing the place on the consignment form saying I was the owner.

3 Likes

here in Mississippi no paperwork required in private gun sales nor do you have to “VET” the buyer. The keyword in our law is KNOWINGLY. You can not KNOWINGLY sell, transfer, gift a firearm to anyone unlawful to own one.

4 Likes