Who carries their gun to work whether or not you're supposed to?

One of the great things about being retired is that is one worry I don’t have anymore. However, prior to retirement I was boss, and set policy.

7 Likes

Especially if you’re posting from work or on a company device which gives your employer absolute right to search your history.

It’s not the world I grew up and became an adult in. Your electronic tracks will never be erased.

3 Likes

If I could I would. It’s not just company policy preventing me ftom doing so, it’s state law.

3 Likes

If I was to follow the company rules then I wouldn’t be able to even carry a knife on me or anything else, so I’d be defenseless whenever I was to get out of my truck and the truck drivers being robbed has been increasing for years as they know we are easy targets since the majority don’t have anything to protect themselves with.

2 Likes

Concealed or open carry is encouraged at my job, so yeah, I carry (concealed).

2 Likes

Tactical Pen/Kubaton. Legal in every jurisdiction and won’t violate any company’s policy unless you’re working in a secure facility.

I carry one pretty much everywhere.

2 Likes

I know none of you carry to work in a federal building or anywhere else it is illegal to carry by law.

Careful what you post on any type of social media…

6 Likes

Somehow, we’ve gotta get the PO off of that list.

2 Likes

Me. I take it off while at work so I don’t get fired.

3 Likes

I don’t carry mine on me while on the clock. I’m in a secure building by myself all night. Plus we have paid security guards. That being said Wisconsin law allows for guns to be stored in your personal vehicle while parked in your employer’s parking lot.

So I have a lock box tethered to the drivers seat rail that I store it in.

3 Likes

Used to, but changed jobs two years ago and first question asked was how do they feel a out concealed carry. Was told as long as I wasnt breaking any laws they were good with it. Unfortunately with this job most of my accounts are state, county, and federal jobs . Prisons, court houses, airports. Most of these places I’m not allowed to even have the weapon in my work van, only good side of that is ussually I’m behind the gates in a secured area

2 Likes

I am just happy that my bosses are gun guys so carrying at work is not a problem as long as it stays out of sight.

3 Likes

I carry every day. Only place I don’t is a court house or airport.

2 Likes

@Adam9 welcome an thank you for sharing

1 Like

I work from home and it’s not an issue for me.

I was in a discussion with a client, who I’ve been working with for 8 years. In speaking with him the topic came up about firearms. He’s had heart issues for years and recently had surgery again.

He then let me know that he doesn’t have a CCW but does carry, I was shocked he didn’t have a CCW as I let him know he has good cause to do so. He lives and works in Los Angeles County and He applied before and was denied. He carries huge amounts of cash from his business to the bank.

That along with his current health concerns that have escalated would make it easier for him to obtain one. I provided him some information and he was so thankful and is now applying.

4 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

@Jeffrey … that sucks :frowning: … maybe that’s a thing to consider while you’re on the job search… which job would let me?

2 Likes

Not even considering it!

1 Like

Hang in there I was in that position not too long ago an now I’m working two jobs in order to build my gun collection. Wishing you the best

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.