Where to clean?

Defiantly but better yet don’t look it up do your own experiment here you go. Get a brake rotor off a care clean with up nice all around. Tape it off like a pie. Take 4 cleaning compounds put them over each section of the rotor individually. Let it sit outside in the elements water it do what ever you can to get rust. Then after a month see which one held up best. I’ll tell you frog lube and mpro 7 both non toxic safe to use will outlast the toxic stuff.

3 Likes

If you have windows that open and maybe the door open a foot or two. A box fan pulling fumes out at the door.

2 Likes

I clean my firearms in the computer room. But I have a Hunter Air Purifier on all the time, because of all the computers I have. I use Outers Gun Oil and I can’t small it in others room. Over estimating the ventilation you need, unless your cleaning firearms all day.

2 Likes

I’m curious which cleaners y’all are using that have such harsh fumes? I use frog lube and frog lube clp. No ventilation is needed it’s non toxic and smells minty like toothpaste.

2 Likes

One trick I found with flog lube is warm up the slide action with a blow dryer not hot but warm. The frog lube is some good stuff I work the frog lube into the metal. That way it’s not wet I use 1 maybe 2 drop on each side of the slide.

2 Likes

Also I know this will sound really weird. But it works. On my rifles when I’m done cleaning them I use unlubricated condoms slide one over my. Barrel and secure it with a hair braid. Keeps dust and moisture out of my Barrel. Plus if you need to shoot in a hurry you don’t have to take it off. You can shoot through it with harming yourself or your rifle.

2 Likes

I’m not being offensive or sexually crude here this is really a good method.

1 Like

:woman_facepalming::rofl: @Peter
Finger Cots… going with finger cots
:rofl:

1 Like

Those work to lol

2 Likes

:joy:
I got better use for them… :wink:

1 Like

Never can be to safe with any weapon of choice.:grin:

2 Likes

I clean them in my garage because I live in a quiet neighborhood and the neighbors all carry and don’t care what anyone else is doing unless its illegal. Actually sometimes we arrange firearm cleaning days and do it together.

2 Likes

Field strip the pistol and put all the parts in a box and clean them outside’
To your nosy neighbors they’ll look like “parts”
The frame(which probably is the only part that looks like a pistol) you can clean inside before reassembly

3 Likes

Inhaling the fumes and tasting the spent powder is the best part of cleaning a firearm. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Fab feedback. Will buy those items. :+1:

1 Like

@Peter It will also cut down on gun pregnancies and unwanted gun babies. Wait What? Maybe that wouldn’t be such a bad idea. :pleading_face: :roll_eyes: :rofl: :wink: :+1:

3 Likes

I clean my handguns and long guns in my basement which is ventilated. I usually use Break- Free. Has anyone tried froglube? - Paul

1 Like

Hey brother Paul welcome to our family, God bless you.

Thank you. My pleasure to be part of the family. Have a great remainder of the

Weekend!

Paul

1 Like