Where’s the safest place to live?

Welcome aboard, Glad you’re a member of such an elite group!

2 Likes

Welcome to the family and god bless you.

2 Likes

Thank you. I appreciate that.

3 Likes

Always thought I would retire and live in the small Kentucky town where I grew up. Employees voted in unions in the few manufacturing businesses. They all closed over the years. Now they have welfare, drugs and illegals. Quite a depressing place to visit. I’ve been looking at Tennessee listings on Zillow. Any recommendations will be appreciated.

5 Likes

Never thought any of our beautiful country especially a place like “My Old Kentucky Home” would turn into “Welcome to the Jungle”!

3 Likes

way too close to Pelican Bay …

4 Likes

spent ALOT of time in coastal B.C. through my 20’s, 30’s, 40’s and miss it dearly to this day - of course it’s all changed now but where I’d go was truly “the bush” back then, boat or float plane to get there - GOD I loved that place …

4 Likes

Arizona was rank no 1 in 2A places to live . guns and gagets

6 Likes

Actually gave that some thought in 2009, toss up between Sedona and Phoenix!

3 Likes

I’m taking my family and moving up north into the middle of our 40 acres of woods. We are surrounded by marsh and State land. I can see people coming for several hundred yards…

4 Likes

Welcome to the family stay safe. Here in Kansas too

3 Likes

Welcome aboard stay safe

3 Likes

So I did a search on it, found this link from a real estate site. I was surprised. I think the SNAFU is perhaps these places are “safe” but do they recognize individual rights, which in the long run shtf is going to be important. I tend NOT to agree with them, in fact disagree strongly, but this is what they published…

https://realestate.usnews.com/places/rankings/safest-places-to-live

4 Likes

To me, the “safest” place is where the government cannot find you… hence… middle of nowhere Alaska, or even northern Canada…

4 Likes

@Danny28
we will find you… :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

We live in Idaho, and it’s fairly safe here. If I had to move, I’d go to Wyoming or Montana. Cheyenne’s nice this time of year …

6 Likes

Thanks, and glad you’re apart of our community! By the way I hear it’s pretty cold Montana this time of year. Coming from subtropical could be a shock to the system. If civil war doesn’t break put, I’ll stay put!

4 Likes

Welcome to the family and you are in the right place at the right time.

3 Likes

I second that about Scottsdale. A friend of mine watched a lady dump 20k at Northwest armory the other day. Apparently she goes in there once a week and buys a portion of the store, lol.

6 Likes

No matter where you want to move, realize that the population is growing and people move to safe places. Many of them are not good people. The US population has doubled or more in my lifetime and the world population has tripled! Where do these folks go? What values do they have? I like SD and the Great Plains, but even there the big cities are developing the problems that the coastal cities have. We need to get back to basic values and respect for each other. I don’t see that as the majority! When you vote, remember that you don’t just vote for the president. Remember the smaller offices and even the governor! How could states like Wisconsin, Oregon, Washington, and California elect such wimpy governors? It’s because the voters aren’t watching! Get informed and vote accordingly! When it used to be just big cities with bad leaders, now so many states have bad leaders! Wake up before it is too late!

7 Likes