Where’s is everyone putting USCCA patch’s?

Good move; low profile preserves tactical advantage.

2 Likes

Okay, not a USCCA patch, but a SIG sticker seen on a motorcycle saddle bag today. I said to the guy walking out with his helmet in hand, “So you’re a Sig guy, huh?” After a moment of surprise, we had a short, pleasant chat.

But… would anyone not oriented in our direction have even noticed? I’m thinking probably not.

4 Likes

Welcome to the family my brother

1 Like

Stickers on the Gun safe, patches on the USCCA range bag.

How you may ask since the range bag does not come with velcro hook/loops?

I go to Walmart’s sewing/craft section and buy a section of velcro patch and have it lined up down the center line of my bag. Since I toss stuff on top of that bag all the time it reinforces the stickiness of the patch (which is naturally pretty sticky anyway) and I’m just careful when I’m swapping patches out. Not sure how long it would last on the sides of my bag since I’m always rubbing it up against things.

Cost ya an extra $5.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Ditto!
I’m one that believes the element of surprise will give you a hand up on your adversary. Kind of like having a sleeper car that looks like…well a rust bucket to be polite, but on the inside it’s a rocket!
I learned/trained to be this way from martial arts, to always look unassuming and not draw attention, but to always be at attention of your surroundings.
Now about that patch…hmm…never knew there was one. I did get a window sticker, but can’t remember why. It’s with all my other decals, patches and stickers…somewhere???
With that said, I also feel we need to stand up for the 2A anytime we can, especially in conversations with others to help educate them on firearms and let them know a firearm does not have a brain or any feelings at all. We have Smart watches, TVs, Cars, Phones etc. but not firearms. It’s only as auto as the beholder…sorry went off course here! LOL!!

2 Likes

I proudly wear a cap that shows my military service. That is enough for me.

6 Likes

Thank you for your service brother #David12

1 Like

Patches on my range bag and my RSO bag, stickers on my range tool box! It’s already helped to sell at least one more USCCA mambership!

3 Likes

I had never thought of it like that either, different way of thinking nice! I had always thought if people (bad guys or girls) saw my decal stickers their not going to come mess with me or my family because they automatically know she’s armed and ready to defend herself family and home. So for me I think of it as a deterant.

3 Likes

Oh yes, I totally understand that view of it being a deterrent, which I think for the most part will/does work. Like having a LEO vehicle parked in your driveway, only a foolish person will try something there…then again, they’re all foolish that try to harm others!
However, my mind (thinking like a punk here) tells me, if I wanted to get my hands on some firearms, all I have to do is mark that truck, car, house etc. and when the appropriate time happens I’ll drop in and get what I want. Hence, at gun shows there are people there looking to break into vehicles knowing they have a good chance of getting a firearm.
This is one of the reasons why I EDC, so if I come home and someone is in my house waiting for me, I’m armed to protect myself and family.
Now days home invasions seems to be the way the wicked is going…much easier to get what they want…unless they’re caught off guard with the element of surprise!
So, having one in the pipe and always ready is a must for me…to ease my mind.

2 Likes

The day I die someone is going to have a field day with my box of stickers, pins and patches, between gunz and carz I have a fair sized collection with some being presented to as few as 20 people.

I have never put a bumper/window sticker on my vehicle and unless required by military regulation avoided extraneous patches pins and adornments. I was required to wear my top three while in most uniforms and I did, I preferred BDU’s or whatever they call them today. On the rare occasion that I would have to wear them all or medals I found it exceedingly uncomfortable, a. for the weight and b. for the stares. I can now honestly say I know what my wife felt like in high school. The girls entered the room long before she did.

When I retired I had 11 rows of ribbons/medals, as I understand it I am now in the middle of my 12th row due to medals awarded after the fact. I don’t need or want the lime light and I don’t want to talk to you randomly on the street about the Navy or gunz or carz or cooking or or wood or metal work.

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes

On my cap. I need more stickers.

3 Likes

I need to look through our gear pages and get some stuff that will take patches…and then I’ll need more patches…and then I’ll need more things to put the extra amount of patches I’ll get…and then…

3 Likes