Where do you charge your cellphone at night?

Just putting this out there…
I had asked the question of where do you charge your cellphone when you go to sleep at night? ( I had a couple of classes I was teaching)
When I asked for a show of hands only half of the students charge there cellphone at night in there bedroom. I understand that some of us have issues “unplugging” yet I was definitely surprised by how many don’t.
Of course I explained why it was a good idea to do so.
It was definitely enlightening.

8 Likes

Nightstand, right next to my bed. Immediately accessible.

7 Likes

Same, nightstand next to the bed. I have no problem unplugging.

4 Likes

Nightstand next the the bed. When I go to bed, the phone goes face down and I don’t look at it until the morning.

6 Likes

I don’t charge at night, however the phone is face down (muted etc when I do that) on the dresser most of the time. If I have a need to hear it, on the nightstand next to me face up. I might hear it then.

3 Likes

On my nightstand, charging (whether or not it was 1% or 100% when I plugged it in). You never know when the power will go out and your next charge will be. My phone gets a workout during the day with email, texts, Office apps and sometimes I even use the phone feature.

4 Likes

Nightstand next to me on a wireless charger for grab and go.

2 Likes

I have a charger I set my phine on, right on bed side night stand.

1 Like

Interesting question, as I don’t own a cell phone, I have no idea where I would overnight charge it. I guess because of EMF I would place it somewhere other than where I sleep.

1 Like

Shelf next to where I sleep. Next shelf down from my pistol safe. And I leave a pair of pants on the floor. If my house is ever on fire, I’ll have pants, a phone and a gun for sure. My truck keys and wallet on the same shelf. I also use my phone as an alarm clock. Nothing says “get your CARCASS UP” like Megadeath, of Avenged Sevenfold at 4:50 am.

3 Likes

I turn mine off and charge it around 5 or 6 pm. And I leave it where my computer is. and in the morning when I get up I turn it back on for the day.

Well so I will not be bothrred at night I have my cell on do not disturb from 10p-9a. I’m retired & dont work. I do have emergency numbers, ie my Son, etc can call me.

1 Like

nightstand

Do they not have it in their bedroom at all or are they just not charging it at night in their bedroom? :thinking:

And for informational purposes, iPhones have a feature where your favorite contacts will get through the Do Not Disturb function in case they call in the middle of the night during an emergency. It’s come in handy for me a few times.

6 Likes

That’s a good point @dawn. Android works the same, you put on do not disturb (manually or automatically the same each night) and only “favorite” contact a can get through. Important for blocking unwanted call at night while allowing important ones through.

I think you can also say “allow repeated calls” to go through as well.

4 Likes

I keep the phone on me 24 hr, so it sits on nightstand during the night. I use feature described by @ScottH.

4 Likes

I charge the phone when I get home from work. I take it to bed at night with a full charge.

1 Like

On my nightstand within reach. My daughter works nights right now, so I keep it c!ose.

2 Likes

I have a ceramic tile I charge my cell phone on and I never leave it unattended. The chargers are cheaply made and an overcharge can start a fire.

It charges on the night stand, it charges in the car, it charges in the work place, and I am usually never on. I check it in the morning then I check it at night the rest the time it just sets there,