Where cancel culture seems headed?

Something we can agree on. :us:

1 Like

Which is good, when they want to impose their own agenda and twist original message into one they want to send. E.g.:
repair broken communities → raise taxes, disarm law-abiding people
improve quality of life → appropriate wealth of the nation into bogus projects headed by right people
recover from pandemic → impose draconian rules, brainwash children
etc etc

3 Likes

OK, here is my take on the situation. MOST of the people who were doing, and continue to do the demonstrating everywhere were, or at least consider themselves to be good people but like it or not, they were providing cover for the hoodlums who were looting burning and killing. Of course the MSM folks wouldn’t talk about that. They just referred to “mostly peaceful” demonstrations, and I don’t see any prospect for improvement. Joe’s talk of unity is nothing but BS.

1 Like

Just my opinion but I have NO problem with peaceful demonstrations. People gathering together with signs and chants don’t bother me as long as they don’t block traffic. However, when some jughead starts throwing firebombs at cops or destroying property, it is the duty of the participants to subdue those individuals and turn them in to the police to be prosecuted. Failure to do so negates all the aspects of the protest and diminishes the point the peaceful protesters are trying to make, as their message is lost to the complete focus of the MSM on the violence and not the message they are trying to convey.

Failure to subdue these individuals turns the peaceful protesters into accomplices, just as an unarmed person who participates with someone who commits murder is considered every bit as guilty as the person who actually committed the murder. It could be argued that those persons who finance these violent protests where someone is killed could be charged with capital murder, as when someone hires a “hitman”, As soon as protests degenerate to violence and destruction, the demonstrators are no longer peaceful. They are a mob, and failure to apprehend the violent individuals responsible indicates that they condone the violence, and therefore, are as guilty as the perpetrator. Further, there is no such thing as “mostly peaceful”. It’s like being “mostly” pregnant.

2 Likes

here is some more cancel culture… vid gets real interesting about 30 40 seconds in…

they even tell their volunteers how they will proceed…

3 Likes

I was canceled in school for quoting statistics on demographics and abortion after the professor required an answer to the question “what do you think is the greatest civil rights issue in your lifetime?”

I got to to see the VP of Student Affairs. He was smart enough not to respond directly to me because he is Catholic too and had the same pastor at the time. He got a lecture from me. The department I was in directed me towards a different direction but my military benefits kicked in leaving that pursuit no longer feasible anyway. Win win I guess.