When training for self-defense, do you consider the need for a magazine change to be likely or merely plausible?

I think of the extra mag like I think of the gun itself. They are like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you won’t need one again.

2 Likes

True, true.

The same can be said for a second gun, or body armor, or a tourniquet. Might be true for Celox or another hemostat type gauze as well.

It’s up to each of us to decide what the best use is of our pretty limited ability to EDC gear

3 Likes

There is literally no objective minimum, enough, or too much stuff to be prepared for every eventuality.
Every person much choose whether to go with “everybody says” — “so-and-so says” — “seems to me”.

What if it turns out that you need six buddies and 300 rounds and a trauma surgeon?
Better to have and not need than need and not have, y’know?
Also when it comes to the surgeon in your EDC, remember that two is one and one is none.
:innocent:

6 Likes

You forgot the MRAP. Really, that’s all I need.

4 Likes

Gotta have at least one buddy with a functional P51. It runs on gasoline, can fly away from danger, and strafe zombies. Also opens cans.

P38 is another acceptable answer.

3 Likes

Most likely you won’t need to do a mag change but I usually practice it for about 15 20 min when I go to the range

2 Likes

à chacun le sien.

3 Likes