When the Music's Over

A sad day indeed. One of the greatest guitarist/musician of Southern Rock is dead. The Allman Brothers Band, not to be confused with The Taylor Swift Band, pioneered a sound that to this day cannot be matched - even by Carrie Underwood. I admit my nostalgia. But in those days long ago, people actually played instruments without the help of A.I. “Live at the Filmore East” is still considered the greatest live rock performance of all time. While Taylor Swift can make a guitar belch like a drunk, Dickey Betts made a guitar sing like Sarah Brightman. Oh well, at least she has Travis Kelce - Barf.

14 Likes

Me thinks ya don’t like Ms. Swift too much?

He deserves Tributes on his own merits my friend
Like all of the Great Southern Rock bands
He was one of the last original Allman Bros.
The Marshall Tucker Band, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Molly Hatchet eyc have all fallen
victim to age and abuses.
Mr. Betts succumbed to the dreaded Cancer but he made it to (80) INTACT!
A feat some of his brethren didn’t achieve.
I am Happy to report most of the groups mentioned BEAT the dreaded (27) club though.
Rockers like Hendrix, Joplin, Winehouse, Morrison never made it to age (30)
So Dicky died at home surrounded by his family who loved him and not some shabby
French apartment Or choking on a ham sandwich @ 350 lbs like Mama Cass… Gross!
It’s been said he Lived and succeeded not only for himself but for Duane (Allman) (24–1971)
Who DID NOT die from hitting a Peach truck as the rumor went (and that’s why they named their next album ‘Eat a Peach’—that would have been in bad taste and the Allman’s had great taste.
Dicky wrote one of the most Iconic songs from the South or otherwise ‘Ramblin’ Man’
People that aren’t into Southern Rock know it! because it flows!

God Speed Brother, Ya did it right! And thanks for making your guitar sing! :smiling_face_with_tear:

8 Likes

Nope

4 Likes

My favorite is Jessica :guitar:

6 Likes

Simpson? Getouttahere!
(seriously a great instrumental!)

and Karacal, stop with this TS Evil nightmare stuff, I saw a clip of her when she danced around with the Devil (not the actual one) and Fire and Brimstone garbage---- she is …well you know. I try not to judge :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:ME? Judge? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:Oh, I kill me!

4 Likes

Saw em in a little dive here in Salt Lake City. Got stage front seats cause my buddy was the door bouncer, let us in first. Probably my favorite show ever…

5 Likes

I was introduced to the tune through this show

3 Likes

One of the greats. He will missed and remembered for a long time

5 Likes

Phenomenal!

5 Likes

Yes, indeed. I grew up in Atlanta in the 60s and 70s. When the first Allman Brothers Album was released, it was an immediate classic. Nothing like it. To this day, that album remains one of my all-time favorites. Vocals, musicianship, professionalism (their jams were mind-boggling, maybe Cream could out-jam them, but no-one else came close), and a unique sound which became a baseline for many other southern rock bands.

5 Likes

Why not? If Jesus was a female, I could see the comparison… He had a large following that believed he was the son of God and she, too, seemingly has a large following… though I am quite sure not for the same reason… :sunglasses: