What's your favorite Concealed Carry Gun Brand? (Poll)

Glock 19 Gen five but I bought my wife a 48and I think we might be leaning towards that one

2 Likes

@_bailiffron this is a remarkable group :slightly_smiling_face: glad you’re here!

1 Like

Thank you for your service and welcome, @_bailiffron! I love my Sigs as well! :slight_smile:

That’s one of our goals here - great conversations with differing viewpoints expressed respectfully so we can all learn from each other!

2 Likes

Welcome @_bailiffron. You’ll find, even when we “disagree” around here, it is in a polite and courteous fashion. Thank you for your service, and saving that fine example of John M. Browning’s designs from Uncle Sams store houses.

4 Likes

We don’t play that game here. Welcome.

3 Likes

For concealment I have yet to personally find a better pistol than my Ruger SR9c. It’s comfortable (with or without the extended mag), nice draw to target and extremely accurate. I’ve had several different pistols for CC use over the years and I just keep coming back to this Ruger. The Ruger Security 9 is a very close second. I’m not a personal fan of Springfield or Sig. That’s my personal opinion, not that they’re not good pistols, just not my cup of tea. Open carry its hands down no questions asked my Colt 45ACP 1911 Combat Unit.

3 Likes

I don’t have a brand nor platform I choose daily. For me it comes down to what I am doing and wearing. I will use a Glock 26 at times, a Sig 1911 or Sig P320, A S&W Shield down to a tiny LCP II. The real problem for me is I never had a bad weapon. Maybe thats due to the Shooting Club I attended. We use and get familiar with just about every make and model out there. And after 20 or so rounds down range how can you not feel attached? So for me the real problem is the amount of space in the safe and free cash. Thanks

2 Likes

My brand changes slightly depending on the day or the situation, but my current normal edc is actually a Wilson Combat EDC x9. I’ve always been partial to sig though so it got my vote from the available brands.

2 Likes

welcome to the group @Wayne9 and @JustinK !

1 Like

Thank you @Zee, glad to be here.

1 Like

Thank you @Zee

1 Like

@Dawn, that’s a hard question to answer I love my Sig p320c and my Springfield XDS 9mm.

3 Likes

I carry 1911 own at 3 o clock in a 1791 gunleather which I love best holster ever driving walking I don’t even know it’s there…

2 Likes

I’m a bit the same regarding Smith & Wesson I wanted in 1971 I was home after my first tour in Vietnam but couldn’t buy any firearms I wanted a Smith & Wesson K38 but Illinois had/has laws that you must be 21 years old to buy a gun (unless you’re a criminal then there’s no bottom) and I was not 21 I was wanting to bring back a .357 with me for my second tour to Vietnam but I couldn’t legally buy a gun because I just turned 20. I have owned and sold guns since that but I wanted so much to bring a .357 back to my second tour. I was an infantry company platoon leader 1st LT carrying an M16A1 daily for a year at that point in my life, but back home in Illinois heading back to the Central Highlands of Vietnam I cannot buy a gun legally, Irony and maddening.

4 Likes

I cant remember if I posted on this thread or not but my favorite gun brand is the one that I have with me at the time I need it.

3 Likes

Always an excellent choice!

3 Likes

My beloved CZ didn’t even make the list of brands in the poll :sleepy:

3 Likes

Sig Sauer is and has been my favorite. I use both 9 mm and .40 that handle very
well and you have several combinations, grips, slides, etc. Quality is great.

4 Likes

I prefer a Sprinfield xds. It is big enough to fit my hand but small enough to conceal. It also shoot’s like a full size.

5 Likes

With all the posts about the Springfield XDS, I’m going to have to shoot one soon. Also the Sig P320. Both sound like great weapons and seem very popular. @SCOTT34 thanks for sharing and welcome to the conversation!

2 Likes