What's your favorite Concealed Carry Gun Brand? (Poll)

S&W Shield .40. Like everything about it. Very nice hand tool…:us::grin::grin::grin::us:

3 Likes

I’m on my third Glock now. Gen4 G17 & Gen4 G26. And as of this last Christmas, I’ve been carrying my new G45. Of all three, I have never had one failure.
I started with a Springfield 1911A1 Stainless Loaded, Springfield XDm 5.25, and then my G17, G26, G45.

2 Likes

Here in Stanislaus County we are allowed 3 firearms on our CCW. My primary is a Ruger LC9. I carry it 95% of the time. If I’m wearing beach wear or my “go to meet’n” best I carry a Ruger LCR 9mm. Driving a long distance, I keep my LC9 holstered but put my Sig SP2022 in an under steering wheel rig.

4 Likes

You have to list what gun you’ll carry on your CCW, @Wilfrid?

2 Likes

Your weapons are listed on your license. Make, model and serial #.

1 Like

What happens if you get a different gun? Do you have to get your license adjusted?

Let me guess, Stanislaus County is in CA right?

At least you were able to get your CCW. I’ve talked to a lot of people in CA who haven’t been able to get theirs.

2 Likes

Yes, they print a new card for you with the correct info. In California, it all depends in what county you reside. We’re lucky, our last two sheriffs have been pro 2A and pro self defense. The Madison Society, an nationally active 2A advocacy organization based here started asking every sheriff candidate to sign a CCW pledge. CCW holders have become powerful group that candidates want on their side. My initial CCW took 1 1/2 years to get. With the new system it’s now 3 months.

2 Likes

I wasny a glock fan until i got my G43. I originally had a S&W bodyguard and greatly disliked it. The size was great but thats all the positive feedback i can give that gun. My G43 is perfect for me. I have a slender frame and i have no issue concealing the glock even in summer with a thinner fabric tshirt. I can rack it back easier than the shield step brother. Its a firearm i like to shoot which makes it better to practice with.

2 Likes

In Michigan we can carry any firearm, or as many as you can carry. What state are you in???

2 Likes

I live in California.

3 Likes

I’m sorry.

I hope you have an exit strategy

2 Likes

I’m a native son of the San Joaquin. Not going anywhere. I own a 155 acre ranch 30 miles below Yosemite National Park. It’s complete with a trout stream, rifle, pistol and trap ranges that I built. Its my heritage. I will stay and fight for what’s right.

11 Likes

I couldn’t live there. Too many restrictions on just about everything.

1 Like

Springfield XD Mod.2 Service pistol is the first handgun I purchased with concealed carry in mind. It is my main carry, but I also have a Shield 2.0 for lighter summer clothes. I chose the XD due to reliability, affordability, I can grab the sights quickly, and I like the way it feels in my hand. Having 16 + 1 capacity is nice too. The Shield is a great shooter too. The reliability & affordability are great, and for a smaller gun, the accuracy is very high level. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a sub size pistol.

3 Likes

Yosemite is a beautiful place, I’m in CA as well.

I was born and raised here near Los Angeles in the San Fernando Valley 3rd generation. Growing up going camping, fishing, the desert, mountains, lakes, rivers, beaches were all nearby.

We have great careers, our family is mostly concentrated in CA and AZ. Our boys are out on their own and our girls are working through school. As our grandkids are 2 and 3 we’re not planning on going anywhere too far from them.

I love our mountains, rivers and lakes to this day. We live at the foot of the Angeles National forest. Last week we had snow even at our elevation between 1800 ft. Big Sur is also a great drive and sight to see I enjoy very much.

We have regulation that is absolutely ridiculous, we also choose to stay and stand up for what is right. Truth is that if we don’t it will spread to other states much faster.

5 Likes

I bought a tanfoglio pavona 9mm and I’ll tell ya I love the way it shoots and the few who have shot it at the range liked it also,but my fiance has a kimber micro 9 and I loved this gun…very accurate and great EDC i drive truck so having a gun on sitting down for hrs at a time is rough but i had to buy a micro 9 with crimson trace because i like hers so well…took a bit of getting use to the cocked n locked but wouldnt give it up now

2 Likes

I’m a Glock Girl. reasons: really good gun fit - naturally accurate for me, good geometry. Reliable, durable, I like the look, feeds most anything. Plus a former Mosad trainer I spoke with said “get a Glock… you can drop it, swim with it, drag it through the mud and it’ll still fire every time.”
My other option right now is the Ruger P89. It’s an older thing, and not a tack-driver, but again it’s naturally good fit, sufficient accuracy, and feeds-absolutely-anything functionality is very practical. It’s a little big, but I’m a fan of servicable.

3 Likes

I have carried several different firearms over the years, but my current every day carry gun is a SIG P365. It is very easy to carry concealed in all kinds of clothing, plus its capacity of up to 12+1 for its size is just hard to beat in today’s market. Now, since the P365 seems to be a controversial choice due to early guns having problems, I will add that I have run nearly 2500 rounds through my P365 with no problems thus far. I have also found that the P365 has very good accuracy for such a small gun. I have shot it out to 25 yards, and I can keep all shots from one magazine (10 or 12) on a piece of standard printer paper. That is good enough for me to trust my life with my P365.

4 Likes

I have a Taurus PT709 Slim and also carry in the small of my back. I’m heavy set (6ft 245lbs) and I really couldn’t find anywhere else to wear it while driving for hours without it digging into my stomach,thigh,or fat roll somewhere.

3 Likes

I switch between a Glock 19 and a Glock 27 for my EDC. I like the 19 for the capacity but the 27 is more easily concealable which makes it a little better in the summer months.

3 Likes